NEW heavy metal mix (Real GUITARS + REAL drums)

Sounds cool for the most part. I feel that it lacks a bit of glue between the guitars and the rest of the mix. The cymbals are slightly overbearing in the top end and a little loud. The kick has too much 2.5-3.5 khz that is sticking out over everything else. Maybe bump those guitars up a little bit. All small critiques. The mix sounds like it's coming along great.

I love that bass tone! Care to shed some info on how you got it? Will there be vocals as well?

EDIT: Not hearing any clipping over here.

Cheers dude. I do feel that way about the OH's too, they've since been changed. Hmm, maybe fixing the kick up will give me a bit more space to bump the guitars up :) Cheers mate. Yes, there WILL be vocals as well, clean stuff and some growls too. They'll be tracked shortly after the holidays.

As for the Bass tone, well there's a few things going on. The main bass track has some CLA 1176, TSE BOD, Heavy EQing and a limiter. The Grit track has the 1176 again, TSE BOD with a lot of drive, then into the Cubase amp sim, I love it. It always works well for bass for me, usually to get that clangy tone I like. Then just some EQ to clean it up. And that's it :)

Yeah each instrument sounds good, but they sound like instruments from 3 different mixes. Work on blending them all together a little more. Juicy guitars! Is Paramore on the snare? :D

Cheers dude! Been working on improving that aspect a bit actually, sounding a lot better since before so that's a nice step in the direction, but I think for now it's time to leave it until the vocals are done :)
And no, no Paramore snare at all. Just a Vinnie Paul sample I found on here a while back actually :) So 50% Natural Gretsch Classic and 50% Vinnie Paul :)

Cheers dude. A lot of people tend to be liking the guitar tone lol. I'm not really a big fan haha, but they work. I do like the cleans though. Sort of was going for that old Metallica/ Iced Earth thing.

Ok.. I'm pretty much at the point where beside vocals, I'm pretty much done with the mix elements.. I can't seem to pull anything better out of this on my own anymore. That's not to say I'm not happy, I'm happy so far, but if you guys have any real beneficial ideas or criticisms please share, I'd love to improve on this if I can :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/306055/EIT - CWAD.mp3

Cheers ermz. I used less EQ On the guitars this time actually, must have gone a little too hard though on the low mids. I'll look into it later. The bass I agree though! Definitely noticing it listening on different sPeakers :)

It does sound a bit robotic, but I think that's mostly because the snare rolls aren't automated to lower velocity samples? They sound like they machine-gun fire through. Maybe dip the sample level down each time there's a fill, keeping more of the raw snare etc.