New heavy riff, have a listen :)

Dellinger

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2005
Sweden
Hey there everyone! I have practised some more on mixing and this is a little riff i came up with today, how do u think it sounds, what could be improved?
For the guitars i used Kazrogs PodXT patches (tweaked to my preference) in my Guitarport, drums are DFH mixed with some samples through drumagog and bass is also through the GP.

Metal regards from sweden!! :headbang:
http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GCJ4YET0PEAB3PRFW4VHHJV4L

That sounds amazing man!

Great mix.. heavy guitars.. im really digging the click in the kick, and the snare! are those the famous Sneap samples?

Seizure. said:
cool stuff dude!! pretty good mix too!

Thanks man!

Black neon bob. said:
That sounds amazing man!

Great mix.. heavy guitars.. im really digging the click in the kick, and the snare! are those the famous Sneap samples?

Glad you like it, the kick is from andys samples and the snare is from the latest Caliban, guess that one is sneaps also hehe :cool:

I downloaded those samples, but my XT Pro said they were the wrong version.:cry:

VEEEEERY good sound you've got there, btw.

So wait......

wait.......................

Is a guitar port the same as a pod? Except that the sounds are generated within the computer???? If so, why the hell do I have a pod xt pro that I use to play through the computer exclusively when i could have one of these guitar ports for 100 bucks?:err:

Ben Johnson said:
So wait......

wait.......................

Is a guitar port the same as a pod? Except that the sounds are generated within the computer???? If so, why the hell do I have a pod xt pro that I use to play through the computer exclusively when i could have one of these guitar ports for 100 bucks?:err:

Yeah you'll get the same tones with it, but they are generated by software, so it takes up more cpu.... Don't know if you can get the model packs with the GP... Maybe you can.....

wicked stuff! The first 3 chord changes remind me of one of the killers songs lol. I thought for a second we were about to experience a heavy metal killers cover :tickled: Coming to think of it... Plan!!!!

I extended the clip with some leads an a solo at the end. :cool:

ReliXKeepeR - The reverb is a Cakewalk FX Reverb. :headbang:

Sounds awesome, nice playing!
It makes me click the repeat button!
Care to share some details?
What guitars did you use? (obvious Caparison I guess)
How many tracks for the rythmguitars? How's the panning?
Did you use the same patch for the leads?
You mention DFH, the original or DFHS?

Paul Steen said:
Sounds awesome, nice playing!
It makes me click the repeat button!
Care to share some details?
What guitars did you use? (obvious Caparison I guess)
How many tracks for the rythmguitars? How's the panning?
Did you use the same patch for the leads?
You mention DFH, the original or DFHS?

Thanks Paul!

No Caparison on this one, i used a Schecter C1 Blackjack with a Emg-85 in the bridge, for both rhythm and lead.
Guitars are 4 tracks panned like this: one pair 100% L & R, and the other pair 80% L & R,
the ones at 80% are about 3-4 db lower to give depht to the ones at 100%.
The lead patch is a tweaked version of the original preset in the GP called "Lead the way", for rhythm i used Kazrogs patches.
The drums are DFH1 with a few samples mixed in (read more on the 4th post in this thread).

:)

that sounds wicked good. Man really proves how good those Pod xt's are.

when you guys mention Andy's samples, excuse my ignorance but does he have a library available?

Inner Light said:
that sounds wicked good. Man really proves how good those Pod xt's are.

when you guys mention Andy's samples, excuse my ignorance but does he have a library available?

Welcome!
Andy doesn't have a library available (yet) but he posted some drumsamples sometime ago. Use the search function and you will find it.