New Ibanez Xiphos

Nothing beats a PRS headstock, you douche :p

I've never owned a Floyd guitar, but a couple of my friends have, and their licensed Floyd Rose got screwed up in 8 and 2 (two!) months of usage... plus all the hassle of string changing: if I want to change strings, I have to do it on the fly...
And yeah, for teh br00tla tone Jackson's are better than PRS', but there are so many things you can do with a guitar that I can't see why you would want to settle yourself with a monodimensional guitar :)

Nothing beats a PRS headstock, you douche :p

Please... boring ass asymetrical Gibson ripoff... FAG! :heh:

I've never owned a Floyd guitar, but a couple of my friends have, and their licensed Floyd Rose got screwed up in 8 and 2 (two!) months of usage... plus all the hassle of string changing: if I want to change strings, I have to do it on the fly...

Well, if someone was too cheap and unprofessional to buy a second guitar to bring to the gig, and ham-fisted everything they played, I suppose that would be important, wouldn't it? :p Actually, after a little practice, unless you're changing tunings, changing strings on a Floyd really doesn't take that much longer. And again, I only use an original Floyd, and through 8 years of constant playing and gigging pretty much every week, I've never had a problem. Then again, I'm not a n00b, either! :Smug:

And yeah, for teh br00tla tone Jackson's are better than PRS', but there are so many things you can do with a guitar that I can't see why you would want to settle yourself with a monodimensional guitar :)

I didn't settle for anything but the very best, a top-of-the-line USA Soloist that stops traffic, drops jaws and fills the hearts of lesser mortals with infinite axe-envy any time I bless them with its presence. It's equally at home playing funk, blues, rock, jazz, metal, whatever, and it plays them all smoother than melted buttah! And trust me, the way the SICK flames on that top roll under the light, it's about as 3 dimensional as it gets! Recognize, beyatch! Now, BOW to your neck-thru sustain machine master!!! :worship:

I have a piece of crap LTD...... Waiting for after my Europe trip to pick up a really nice guitar.

I have a few in mind be it a PRS, a Jackson (the Dominion supposedly is very versatile), an Ibanez or anything else. I'll probably go to 20 different stores to find that perfect guitar.

And the Jackson headstock IS more pointy than Ibanez. If you look at an Ibanez headstock, you'll see, that the strings go in a straight line all the way from the bridge over the nut to the tuners. Where as on a Jackson the strings angle/bend (don't know the word) either one or the other way after the nut.

Meh, who cares, I likes mah pointy headstock! It kinda looks like someone sharpened the end of an Explorer (which I also have and luv!) headstock. Plus, it makes a good prod to keep teh beefy groupeez from gettin' too close!

Besides, tell me this:

DSC00809.jpg

Isn't 100 times seckzier than this:

_c253127_image_0.JPG

Not even close! :kickass:

Btw what year is your Soloist made? Alot of people say, that the quallity of Jackson guitars have gone down quite a bit since Fender bought the company (whenever that was).

Mine is 8 years old, pre-Fender by a couple of years. I've played quite a few USA Jacksons from the Fender era though, and haven't seen any dropoff in quality whatsoever. From everything I've read, they've pretty much left the Jackson guys alone to do their thing. Smart move!

Yeah the Jackson headstock is really sweet, but still to pointy for my taste. tough.

Have you seen the old ESP headstock, the ones they used for their very early Mirage models. Looks very close to a Jackson headstock, but just a little less pointy.

134239934XWhdMt_ph.jpg

Not a very good picture, but you get the idea. That's the headstock I'd go for if I ever get the money for a Custom guitar.

I use Schecter. And I hate Avenged Sevenfold.

It's a really good guitar for the price I paid actually, although I'm no expert on electric guitars, more of a classical guy myself...

I didn't settle for anything but the very best, a top-of-the-line USA Soloist that stops traffic, drops jaws and fills the hearts of lesser mortals with infinite axe-envy any time I bless them with its presence. It's equally at home playing funk, blues, rock, jazz, metal, whatever, and it plays them all smoother than melted buttah! And trust me, the way the SICK flames on that top roll under the light, it's about as 3 dimensional as it gets! Recognize, beyatch! Now, BOW to your neck-thru sustain machine master!!! :worship:

Never tried an high end one, my comment was on cheaper models, that's what Lothlorien is looking for.