New interview with Varg Vikernes online

Obviously I cannot say for sure, but it seems the Hyperboreans, to stick to Your term, came from Atlantis to Europe, when Atlantis was covered with ice, some 80.000 years ago. The ruins of Atlantis most likely lie under the ice of Antarctica (thus it sank into "a sea" of ice), and a natural disaster forced the Hyperboreans to move to other parts of the world.

Everything was running smooth until I read that.
Where did he discover that historical gem I wonder?

Perdition's Light said:
Everything was running smooth until I read that.
Where did he discover that historical gem I wonder?
Nazi propaganda from the 1930's. It is a long story that I couldn't describe acurately but basically the Germans believed that they were direct descendants of Atlantis and spent much time and money attempting to prove it through archeology and anthropology. Suffice it to say they failed miserably.

Otherwise, he does come across as calm and wellspoken though I find some (read: most) of his ideas as deplorable.

Ockham said:
Is there an official explanation as to why he killed Euronymous? I've heard stuff ranging from Euro being a commie, the two sharing a love interest, or Varg was jealous of Euro's kvltness, but never a first hand account.

If you haven't read the book Lords of Chaos then I suggest you check it out. Varg gives an account of the murder in that book but he never really gives a single straight answer as to why he killed Euronymous. To me it seems that it basically boiled down to money/label issues, jealousy/rivalry, and the obvious fact that Varg was nuts at the time.

The posts here are more interesting that the article. The article clears up a few points which I already suspected to be his viewpoints. I wonder how much that people have read about Varg to be purely false.
If anything I agree that he has calmed down, some interviews and statements from around 94 make him come off as very pissed off. But, not exactly unexpected after being thrown in jail. But, his take on The Lords Of Choas (recent article) is just as intelligent sounding as this latest interview.

Many have claimed that his ideology has changed. Again I disagree; Varg was never satanic, all his lyrics hint at paganism and older forms of knowledge/ ways of life (eg. Lost Wisdom - Det Som Engang Var). As for Nazism, i see that as a progression from the paganism + romantic idealism (more so the latter). Massive overlap on these ideas which have been there since 1st album.

Varg never wanted to be a god and still does not.

muslimisation of Europe as some big conspiracy is a bit of a joke

Perhaps not so relevant to a music forum, as it may be to say the ANUS forums. But, whether we agree upon it being an actively thought out plot or just that more muslims are coming into Europe by coincidental choice doesn't matter. The fact still remains that several hundred thousand enter Europe every year. My guess is that we will be the United Arab States of Europe in 50 years.

Ockham said:
I don't get it, what happens when the Muslims are there?

Succintly: This is Europe. That which is not European doesnt belong here.

If you want longer answers you only have to speak to those that live here. The UK is pretty bad, which is where my experience on this matter lies (obviously). They seem to have an inherent will to make everything islamic, obviously not content with keeping their own religion/culture to themselves.
The evidence is in the living. If you are looking for statistics then check a news website (eg. BBC) for related reports. I read statistics in the student newspaper and that's the most liberal piece of trash i've read in a while. Strange they even had immigration statistics; from memory in the year 2002 153,000 emmigrated into Germany, 100,000 of those being Asian (altough Asians is a wide category which obviously covers oriental people too).

Ockham said:
http://burzum.org/eng/library/article45.shtml

Varg claims the book is full of shit, something about Jews too.

A very interesting read. I support his views on the book regarding several things, especially the Venom influence and La Vey satanism thing, and that Varg actually never got to defend himself properly in the book. It seems to me that the authors clearly knew nothing about the early Norwegian black metal scene.

But:

Varg Vikernes said:
In the book they also state that 88% of the Norwegian population are members of the state church. Yeah, maybe that was correct in 1995 when they wrote this book, but in November in 2003 we could read in the newspapers in Norway that for the first time in history a majority of the Norwegian population is actually not members of the state church! Today only 49% are members of the state church in Norway!

This is not true. 85.7% of Norway's population are members of the state church as of 2003, whereas only 49% of the population believe in God/Jesus, if I remember correctly.

http://www.kirken.no/english/engelsk.cfm?artid=5276

I tend to agree with the getting rid of the Muslims thing.
What I want to know now is... Why the fuck do we care what he says?
He's not some fucking philosopher or anyone with a education. He's not genius scientist that knows really anything about anything. I mean he's going on about some fucking city below the frozen glaciers in the Arctic. He constantly puts down metal and the people that listen to it. What are the reasons to even ponder what he's talking about. Today's musicians get shit on for stating their opinions about current events but when Varg decides to open his mouth it's like the voice of god shining light on the christians. The guy put out several decent albums that were extremely influential to the black metal world and as he said "Shit is getting played out." <-- (not the exact words...) so I say fuck him. I'll be happy for him when he gets out of prison and gets to see his family and shit but other than anything he has to say; it's meaningless and has no effect on anyone but the gullible people that kiss his ass on a daily basis because he was a driving factor in the music they listen to.

Ockham said:
I don't know much about it honestly, can you link me to something debunking it?

If you really care, go over to Stormfront or one of those other White Nationalist thingies and have them explain it. They're kinda scary and aggro about it, but the facts are sound.

So you just have an irrational hatred of races interrelating?

I've stopped hating whiny liberals over the years, but that doesn't mean I put up with their shit. Watch it.

I don't even have regular hatred, much less irrational hatred. I'm a pothead. I just have a problem with the idea of people illegally entering countries by the millions, doubling the crime rate, and contributing nothing but sub-health code restaurants and gas stations.

It's not racist, it's true.