New long song (TSE X30,superior2,soloC)

exzem

May 4, 2009
Sweden
Recently finished this song, pretty long one too. So if you got 8 spare minutes then have a listen :)

I used onqels TSE X30 for the rhythm guitars + lead distorted guitars. The clean guitars are just soloC with lots of verb/delay/compression.

Drums are superior 2 with 100% replaced kick.

Bass is X30 + ampeg svx + DI. Sorry for the bad intonation. Maybe the bass is too loud in the 100hz area, not really sure don't have a subwoofer.

Soundclick link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=960121&songID=8338742

Dropbox link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1063820/pink1.mp3

Lemme know what you think!

This is awesome, the best combination I've heard of tone/songwriting so far!! I don't have any demos on my site yet, and I'd be honoured if you let me put this song in my demo section ... :worship:

Wow. Sounds wonderful. Care if you send us the DIs, midis and everything? I'd be really interested on trying to mix this for good practice, especially since your mix really is ace, it'd help me a lot!

Wow guys, thanks for the nice response! Really glad you liked it.

onqel: Sure man, put it up. Haha I'm just glad having people listen to it :)

P-E: Guess I could do that, but then you all see my sloppy playing and bad tuning :) (at least it will be more obvious). I can get some files together tomorrow though.

Really good stuff, Really, really, enjoyed it. The drums can be tweeked velocity-wise during fills. The toms and snares sound a little robotic....but the song is really fucking good.

I don't post here, but I lurk from time to time. This got linked over at Harmony Central(HCAF in particular), and because of it...I felt the urge to get on over here and make a post.

Exzem, this song is a piece of fucking art dude. The tone is absolutely incredible(It's pretty much mydream tone when it comes to metal..) The song writing is AMAZING. The feel, the vibe, it's all there. I can't believe this is the product of an AMP SIM. I just got around to trying the TSE X30 plugin the other day and I really like what it's capable of, but I certainly couldn't get it sounding ANYWHERE like this, but that's simply because your mixing skills are fucking incredible. This could rival Devin Townsend's work, and I'm not even just saying that. If only you were local, I'd be PAYING you mucho money to mix my bands demo.

Dude once again, TOP NOTCH work. Surely you don't mind that I'm downloading this and plan on rocking it in my car, on repeat, for days to come. Gonna be showing my band-mates too because we are all about this type of metal. Progressive, ambient, melodic, so on and so forth.

-Kev

Hey, I really like this tone. I don't mean to be a douche, but can you post your saved settings so I can adjust them a bit? I just downloaded the x30 and it sounds like ass. I'm trying to use Boogex and just not being lucky. I need a good cab impulse only, and some decent settings to start with and I can adjust from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

-Will