New long song (TSE X30,superior2,soloC)

Can you tell me smth about bass track? Is it a clear DI? Or it's already processed? Sounds like compressed a little to me. May be, just an active bass?

MetalMiller: Good mix man, It's cool to hear what other ppl do with the same tracks. I like to have drums abit louder though. When you work on something alot yourself you tend to only hear things in one way and it can be hard to see what to do better. Like whatwhat already said I should work more on getting drumrolls sounding better, yours sound better than mine.

Althegreat: Hehe, use a high bitrate for mp3 encoding like 256 or 320kbit. Doubt that anyone notice the difference between that and a wav. I think your cleans sound too dry, like there are just DI:s without any cab/amp. But mix is not bad other than that.

Nikolas: Yep active pickups, no compression added.

MetalMiller: Good mix man, It's cool to hear what other ppl do with the same tracks. I like to have drums abit louder though. When you work on something alot yourself you tend to only hear things in one way and it can be hard to see what to do better. Like whatwhat already said I should work more on getting drumrolls sounding better, yours sound better than mine.

Thanks for your words. I was just focused on guitar sound, but i think the drums came out pretty decent too. My rolls are far away from beeing perfect, just inserted aptrigga on the snare bus of ezdrummer. A lot of mistriggers are going on. By sending the MIDI direct to aptrigga the snare is missing on the room track, and a second instance of ezdrummer (just for room signal) crashed my old machine...
Nevermind, i´m happy to understand now how you guys made those killer tones. Thanks:worship:

Althegreat: Hehe, use a high bitrate for mp3 encoding like 256 or 320kbit. Doubt that anyone notice the difference between that and a wav. I think your cleans sound too dry, like there are just DI:s without any cab/amp. But mix is not bad other than that.

Thanks man for listening. The cleans are DI with some reverb and delay. I kind liked that sitarish sound that they had so I kept it that way. :D

Great mix Dandelium, not that I expected anything bad from you :).
I really like how the clean chords in the start sounds, more high end than mine which sound really cool. I also like the guitars, more air/pres than mine, the extra fizzyness sound really cool with the x30. Not really a big fan of the snare though, never really liked how slate snares sound on there own. Could probably be cool if you blended it with something not so scooped. Listening back on my mix my snare doesn't sound that good either, hehe.

And yeah, the snare in the middle can be a bit hard to trigger since some stuff is programmed with the "snare roll" note or whatever it's called instead of the normal "snare hit".

Hi, this is my first post here, just to try to mix your song (a little afterwork session), so here it is, and I want to thanks all people here, I'm here for a few weeks, and I've learn so much !!!!

(sorry for my poor english, I didn't went to school)

Edit : new url, somebody know if microsoft skydrive url's always change, or is it a bug ?

The intro reminds me of the game Diablo, when you walk in the village (tristram or something) .. It's magic, hehe

onqel, yeah, Tristram village it was! :) Especially strumming chords, thus there were an acoustic guitars in Tristram song.

grind_vince, can't download anything by clicking your link. :erk:

I've listened to this a hundred times and have no idea why I am just now feeling the need to comment....This is fucking epic shit. Seriously. The song, the recording, the mix, everything is great!!! Great work exzem. The TSE X30 absolutely kills but I'm almost a bigger fan of that clean tone...it's so heavenly!! Now I feel the need to (attempt to) write something as impressive...

onqel: Hehe maybe a bit, I love playing around with open weird chords :)

ParsonsMatt,dkZero: Thanks!

Scottrosia: Thanks! The cleans are just soloC with lots of reverb (Acoustica M7 impulses) and delay(TAL-Dub-2) into TLs2095-LA compressor. Only free plugins actually.

Goddamn Guitar: Tack! Bor i göteborg.

I wrote in this thread this morning, but it seems to have glitched.. anyways, what i said:

I am so used to trashtalk downtuned music, but this is pure awesomeness! :kickass:

I would love to mix something like this as well. :)