New long song (TSE X30,superior2,soloC)

This is definitely in the top 3 mixes I've heard on this forum.

Would you minds posting the Superior 2 patch? That would be siiiiickkk

Exzem & Goddamn Guitar: Hvordan har det seg at svensker er så jævlig rå på metal/musikk/film? :p Eneste bandet fra Norge som er "kjent" i utlandet er A-ha, Dimmu Borgir og Satyricon.. haha :p Burde kansje flytte til Sverige ;)

Exzem & Goddamn Guitar: Hvordan har det seg at svensker er så jævlig rå på metal/musikk/film? :p Eneste bandet fra Norge som er "kjent" i utlandet er A-ha, Dimmu Borgir og Satyricon.. haha :p Burde kansje flytte til Sverige ;)

Jag tror att det är för att vi är bättre än er norrmän! :D
Nejdå, men vi har faktiskt haft bland den bästa hårdrocken ända sedan 80-talet. ;X

Kass: i think guitars are too distant, needs more high end.. bass is too boomy, try to make a small cut in the low-mid 200hz-300hz area to make room for other instruments.. and I would like you to lower the hihat a bit... If you want feedback ofcourse ;)

Here's my shot at it :) It's the first version and i'm quite pleased for a first timer, the kick can be a tad louder and the snare verb a tad softer (maybe) and maybe some automation on the rhytmn guitars, gotta listen when i have time and fresh ears.

Awesome song! Very epic. Drums are SD 2, except the fact that the kick and snare have been heavily sampled. As probably can be heard i tried something else with the clean guitars, they have a huge amount of chorus and delay. It adds a more dreamy type of feel to the intro, for the fx i have to look into it but the rest was the Jazz Amp in GR4 with spres-high impulse. Rhytmn guitars are Onqel's awesome new TSE plugin with 1on-preshigh impulses. I looked for a crunchy tone with the right amount of (digital) saturation and i think this covers it pretty much, also tried LePou's LE456, awesome plugin too, but that one requires some mids to sound good (imo it sounds a little scooped when turning the mids knop below 12 o' clock) Lead guitars were LePou's HyBrit! with spres-high impules , i think. Bass was a lot, but mostly Rcomp compressing the living thing out of it, the CAT distortion pedal in GR 4 going into Ampeg SVX (i think i used the classic SVT one) and going into Ampeg Bright Beta52 Impulses.

I also did some cheapy very quicking mastering-ish kinda thing with Ozone 4, just to make it sound less cloudy and to tighten the low-end a little (maybe a little too tight, but fresh ears you know), hope you guys enjoy and feel free to give some feedback :)

Exzem, could you plz tell how you recorded the DI tracks? They look quite compressed to me, also they sound very bright (nice!!).
When i use my guitar with either the EMG85(active,neck) or the ibanez (non-actif, bridge) pickups, both only preamped or direct to the high-z input, both are nearly not as bright as yours. Should i get an EMG81 bridge pickup, or do you do special things to get it that clean, crispy and bright??

goddamn, it sucks to suck at this...

Nah no metal foundry just original superior 2. I process most things outside superior so posting a patch would do much.

OberstRock: Nothing strange, just directly into my soundcard. Try using thicker strings and picking harder and make sure that you have a lots of tension in the strings i.e don't tune too low for your string gauge.

onqel: Ni är ju bra på andra saker som typ borra efter olja :D

grind_vince: This is my bass: http://www.thomann.de/se/harley_benton_hbb400tbk_ebass.htm. Just plugged into the soundcard with amp sims and DI-track.