4. The Pilgrim (Gers/Harris) 5.07
5. The Longest Day (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7.48
6. Out Of the Shadows (Dickinson/Harris) 5.36
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Murray/Harris) 7.21
8. For The Greater Good of God (Harris) 9.24
9. Lord Of Light (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7.23
10. The Legacy (Gers/Harris) 9.20

----------------------------------------

It's clear maiden are continuing down the more 'epic', progressive road (if the track lengths are anything to go by), which will always divide opinion I suppose. It would be good to hear them do more old style rockers, but they've never been a band to go backwards.

I do hope they don't go too overboard with the whole epic, Paschendale style - one or two tracks is ok, but I hope the whole albums not too ponderous like that. It probably will be, but I guess we'll have to wait.

Good to see lots of Adrian Smith credits, I usually enjoy his song writing in particular.

The album title could be re-considered in my view. I'd rather it was named after a track, like These Colours Don't Run (great title) or Lord of Light.

Roll on September!

When I see These Colors Don't Run as a title, I think about how I heard that Bruce said that on their last date on Ozzfest to Sharon Osbourne's croneys

Hammer of Might said:
A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH

1. Different Worlds (Smith/Harris) 4.17
2. These Colours Don't Run (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 6.52
3. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 8.44
4. The Pilgrim (Gers/Harris) 5.07
5. The Longest Day (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7.48
6. Out Of the Shadows (Dickinson/Harris) 5.36
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Murray/Harris) 7.21
8. For The Greater Good of God (Harris) 9.24
9. Lord Of Light (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7.23
10. The Legacy (Gers/Harris) 9.20

----------------------------------------

It's clear maiden are continuing down the more 'epic', progressive road (if the track lengths are anything to go by), which will always divide opinion I suppose. It would be good to hear them do more old style rockers, but they've never been a band to go backwards.

I do hope they don't go too overboard with the whole epic, Paschendale style - one or two tracks is ok, but I hope the whole albums not too ponderous like that. It probably will be, but I guess we'll have to wait.

Good to see lots of Adrian Smith credits, I usually enjoy his song writing in particular.

The album title could be re-considered in my view. I'd rather it was named after a track, like These Colours Don't Run (great title) or Lord of Light.

Roll on September!

Do you know if this is gonna be a concept album?

These Colours Don't Run is not only cliche as hell, but it's infected with Americanism. I don't expect much from Iron Maiden as far as studio albums go anymore.

Erik said:
Get over yourself you gigantic non beer drinking faggot

Iron Maiden is the most British band on the planet, they've repeatedly stated how they don't really like playing in America because the audience is different (TRENDY), you haven't read the lyrics, you haven't heard the song, the title is likely based on something Bruce once said against an icon of American pop culture, and you have the nerve to sit at your computer and say that the song is "infected with Americanism"?

Actually: NO YOU

God damnit, you're an idiot.

"These colors don't run" is one of the most commonly used phrases in America by patriotic rednecks. I suppose this isn't something that is common knowledge to a Swede, but I'm sure any other Americans on this board can confirm that.

Edit: And I obviously wasn't talking about the song itself considering I know nothing of it but the title. I was talking ONLY about the title and the fact that it in itself is a cheesy, stupid, cliche line spouted by American morons. I wasn't even knocking the name.

Krakatau said:
It's British because it has colours instead of colors.

I know that it's fucking British, it's by a British band. But that wasn't even my point. I didn't even HAVE a point. Erik should just delete all the posts on this subject matter.

Necuratul said:
These Colours Don't Run is not only cliche as hell, but it's infected with Americanism. I don't expect much from Iron Maiden as far as studio albums go anymore.

Erm...why?

I think the Bruce mrk.2 albums have both been really, really good, and the best stuff they've done since Somewhere In Time, actually.

Also, in the terms of the context in which he was famously quoted in saying "these colours don't run" TO REDNECKS, it's a fabulous title, ironic and amusing.

To Ender: Yes, album titles do matter. Necroticism would probably have been worse if it was called "Making love to Octagenarians"

Carcassian said:
Erm...why?

I think the Bruce mrk.2 albums have both been really, really good, and the best stuff they've done since Somewhere In Time, actually.

Yeah, I don't spin the new stuff as much as, say, Piece of Time, but the last two albums have had some excellent tunes, some I believe to be as good as their old material. It's good to see they can still sound fresh this far along in their career without trying anything radically different.