New Mastered Song - My Fight - What do you think?

SkyMan666

How do record? \O_o/
Feb 7, 2008
Hey there guys.

I've just made another song. I'm sick and bored, so here's another tune from me :)
Tell me how does it sounds overall (or single instruments)....

I've use my PODxt with Revalver MKII's 5150 Cab impulse. Guitars are quadtracked + additional 2 trax of clean guitar.... Drums are Superior Drummer 2.0 with mainly stock presets, some of them have been slightly changed.... Bass was programmed with Spectrasonics Trilogy and post-processed with Waves API-560 EQ and 2500 Compressor.

I've exported every single instrument at the time, so it was easier to master them in WaveLab. Mastering effects were Sonalksis MultiLimit and StereoTools for drums, Sonalksis SV517-Mk2 Stereo EQ and StereoTools for guitars, Sonalksis SV517-Mk2 Stereo EQ and BBE D82 Sonic Maximizer for bass and WaveLabs Multiband Compressor for vox.

That's pretty much it... :)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6959388 --> My Fight

Thanx for input.

I think there can be some things, that can be improved, tho... Is it pumping too much? I'll give it another try with master.... I'll post results ASAP...

Cheers, SkyMan

Through my poor stereo system, I like bass sound and the guitar tone. (I am talking 'bout the second clip)
Vocal isnot as good as above stuffs. It feel like doesnt sit well in the mix. My Internet Connection is not good enough to play along your song smoothly so I 'm just able to listen to about 1 first minutes. Hope you accept Download option or put it on another more friendly host like enips.
Do you mind sharing your guitar and bass settings? I'm getting many problems with guitar and bass mixing, especially the bass. :(

It'd have sounded very KSEish were the clean vocals done in Howard's manner, but that's fucking hard, eh? :D The growls and screams and such are very cool... The drums sound too programmed though. Also, how did you mix the clean vocals? Reverb or delay? Since I read (and found for myself) that using two different delays (16th and 16th dotted) on vocals as sends and pan them hard LR that creates an atmosphere on the vocals, without taking out the punch (as with verb mostly)... Someone correct me if I'm mistaken :)

The song is cool though!! Record real drums and you've got yourself a very decent tune!

Hey. Drums wouldn't sound too programmed, if I wouldn't quantize 'em to bars. If you take a listen the intro fill on drums, wou'll notice, that that part sound different from rest of the song. Because it isn't quantized. But it takes too much time for the whole song to do like that. Real drums? I don't have mics, good drums and most of all, good sound-treated place. That's main reason I don't record real drums.
Vocals? API-560 EQ, 2500 Compressor and IK Multimedia's CSR Plate as a send FX.

Thanx for input tho.

@symphonicmind: I'll post settings and patches ASAP, OK?

Take care.

Cheers, SkyMan