New maudlin of the Well "Part The Second" Released for Free

Brilliant work. When all is said and done, could be album of the year, certainly in the top 5. The song composition is the best I've heard so far in 2009. Toby Driver is simply a phenominal musician.

I like Greg Massi more (I assume he does a fair portion of the guitar parts)

motW is a killer band as is Kayo Dot. I highly recommend the first Kayo Dot album if you enjoy the motW stuff.

NP: OSI - Blood

I agree. Choirs Of The Eye is one great album - but I can understand why the metal fraternity are sometimes less than enthusiastic about it.

Yeh, your probably correct. I think I should have said, the whole band is just flat-out ridiculous and phenominal. The composition too, is what destroys me.:worship:

yeah the whole band is great, but i think toby composes it? so i really like his composition. but i was just assuming that greg played alot of the lead and electric parts (and maybe some of the acoustic parts too, im not sure)

This release caught me totally off guard, I figured they were dead forever. Much to my surprise it's actually friggin good, I like it more than the two (yeah, that third one doesn't even deserve to be called an album) Kayo Dot albums but it doesn't top Bath/LYBM imo. Definitely a great album.

I haven't heard of this band before. Interesting stuff.

edit: Ok, I just listened to the entire cd. This stuff is amazing. How have I not heard of this band before? I don't hear the "metal" aspect though, which makes me a bit confused because that's what they seemed to be labeled as. What is their other stuff like?

Bath/Leaving Your Body Map are amazing genre-hopping albums, some of the instrumental songs sound similar to this new one but there's a ton of avant-garde weirdness and some occasional full-throated metal blasting. One of the songs sounds more like Immolation than anything, tbh. Some heavy doom metal influence on several other songs too. You should definitely check them out if you like this, those two albums are some of my very favorites.

This release caught me totally off guard, I figured they were dead forever. Much to my surprise it's actually friggin good, I like it more than the two (yeah, that third one doesn't even deserve to be called an album) Kayo Dot albums but it doesn't top Bath/LYBM imo. Definitely a great album.

what didnt you like about a seed combustible?