MAUDLIN OF THE WELL - Part The Second

Dick Sirloin

please... stay safe
Jan 6, 2004
PART_THE_SECOND.jpg

Figured it deserved it's own thread. The whole album is available for free at www.maudlinofthewell.net. I'm on my second listen, and let me just say I'm like this right now :Spin:. It's like a combination of old motw and kd, minus all the death-doom.

Imagine we discovered another planet whose primary species had been on the planet as long as humans have been on earth. Music, like culture, would have probably evolved much differently on this other planet. THAT'S what motw/kd sound like, for those who do not know.

Bath / Leaving Your Body Map may be the best album of the 00s so far.

HOLY FUCK IT SOUNDS LIKE... Kayo Dot? :zombie:

Haven't been impressed so far, probably cause Miles Davis and John Coltrane are not playing on it. Will give appropriate listening time and focus very soon. LYBM and Bath still mean things to me.

I dig this a lot more than the fucking Kayo Dot albums, that's for sure. This beer is dedicated to hoping they continue as Maudlin and put Kayo Dot to rest.

With the exception of the first 2 songs, I think I am going to say that I am not that big of a fan of this album. It seems like it just lacks direction and meanders along without aim. I have probably listened to it about 10 or so times so far.

With the exception of the first 2 songs, I think I am going to say that I am not that big of a fan of this album. It seems like it just lacks direction and meanders along without aim. I have probably listened to it about 10 or so times so far.

Yet it's 'Kicking Your Dick In'? :loco:

The album is a collaboration of earlier ideas, written at varying times, right? So in a sense maybe is not supposed to be maintain a certain direction throughout? I dunno, I still dig it.

I love how in only 5 consecutive posts in this thread you went from such skepticism to complete adoration!

I'm just starting up on a first listen to Part the Second right now and I'm loving this first track... 1:25 in