New merch for the new album???

its a misstake comparing a fansite to the official site...
from a fan's perspective, sure, this site is tons better than the official, with loads of juciy info, secret details and unknown pics, covering everything between related projects up to current news, what fan couldn't be happier with that?
...and yes thats just why its called a fansite and not katatonia.com...

anyways, cheerz to tom for this helluva work!!!

Guys, if you like a fan site, killer, go to it. Katatonia.com originally was a fan site too. But when it became official, there were many things (pictures, certain info) that the band obviously doesn't want up because it's not pro. This doesn't always make fans happy, because they want every tiny little thing, I understand that.

But with the official site, everything Katatonia related is presented exactly like the BAND wants it. It obviously also has all the latest news/media/tour dates/details on band members, which a fan site will never have.

You could almost say fan sites and official sites serve difference purposes. So an argument on "which is better" is pointless. If you are after every tiny tid-bit on Katatonia you can find (shitty fan photos the band doesn't particularly like, etc..).. and don't care if some of the information/news you read is bogus or incorrect, go to a fan site. If you want the latest official information, media, tour dates, and other official things the band approves of, go to the official site.

bands official site should be informative in a way a new someone should got introduced to discography, members, tour, news, stuff like that. a potential new listener would be lost in too-many-info kind of site.

fansite is the bonus for fan freaks.

Well, thank you for kind words about my fansite. I agree that fansites are always different then official sites. When I started this site my purpose was clear - gather as much info, pics, interviews, reviews, facts about Katatonia as I could and that's why it's called fansite. I simply couldn't stand that on every site about Kata there is info like "biography and discography" and that's all. I know that my site is not perfect in 100% but I want to express my respect and honor that Katatonia surely deserve by doing this site because they are my all time favourite band. Cheers guys and regards to all visitors of my site. :wave:

Strange, there is another thread with the same title(?).... but this one is not exately about merch..
ok anyways, on tom´s site there is a katatonia pendant I have never seen before...and some other interesting merch items.
He has done a lot of work to gather all that stuff! I also used to collect interviews, fotos and so on, I have tons of them om my pc, but never thought to turn it into a fan site because I don´t know about copyrights and so on and it´s too much work.
On the other hand I thought it would have been nice to make a fan site that differs from the official...just because it´s useless to have a fan site that has the same info that u can find on the official site...So pics made by fans, their art, tabs, poetry, whatever inspired by katatonia should go on a fan site...and as stated here before all the official info about biography, recordings, samples, release dates, TOUR DATES, and so on should go on the official one.
it´s not clever now that people who hear from Katatonia and go to the official site can´t find more info about the band and previous recordings, gigs..because there is only one page.That happened with Viva too and I don´t know why the site wasn´t left as it was with the updates about the new album, sample ecc. in the update session.
I can understand they want all the official new site, with new graphics etc, when the album is officially out, but 4 months with only a page and no official site it´s not so good.

And btw, why was the thread about TGCD promo photos deleted?

jesse said:
...You could almost say fan sites and official sites serve difference purposes. So an argument on "which is better" is pointless. If you are after every tiny tid-bit on Katatonia you can find (shitty fan photos the band doesn't particularly like, etc..).. and don't care if some of the information/news you read is bogus or incorrect, go to a fan site. If you want the latest official information, media, tour dates, and other official things the band approves of, go to the official site.
In fact, you could definitely say that fan sites and official sites serve different purposes in that sense. They're both good, useful, and important for different reasons.

In any case...it was cool to see the new pictures (even if they have nothing to do with merch). Thanks for letting us know about them, march 4.