New Metal IR Pack Coming Soon with Clip

Sacha

Throbbing Member
Jul 20, 2002
Calgary, AB, CANADA
www.mp3.com

Ownhammer is coming out with a SICK new IR pack (including Ultra-Res for Axe-FXII) that I was lucky enough to beta test. I'm really stoked on it these have superseded all my previous favorites. They used the right cabs, with the right speakers and mics and a 'Metal Oriented' engineering taste and IMO they nailed it.

This clip is the Mesa cab with Chinese V30. If you dig the song check out my band Every Hour Kills: https://www.facebook.com/EveryHourKills :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sacha, what else can be said other than you are sick!!!

I've been using the current Ownhammer Ultra Res files with the Marshall cab with Chinese V30.

Sacha, if you haven't already, you should check out Fractals latest IR pack. They took Ultra res impulses of Cliff's Boogie cab and to me, they sound more alive than any other impulse I've used. You really need to mix them in cab lab since each impulse is quite drastically different than the others.

I'd love to get your opinion on them!

As always, keep up the amazing work!

Sacha, what else can be said other than you are sick!!!

I've been using the current Ownhammer Ultra Res files with the Marshall cab with Chinese V30.

Sacha, if you haven't already, you should check out Fractals latest IR pack. They took Ultra res impulses of Cliff's Boogie cab and to me, they sound more alive than any other impulse I've used. You really need to mix them in cab lab since each impulse is quite drastically different than the others.

I'd love to get your opinion on them!

As always, keep up the amazing work!

Thanks! I'll have to check those out, I haven't got them yet.

Not sure of the exact date, keep an eye peeled on the Ownhammer site, here is what Kevin said at the Fractal forum:

"I have not yet given the OK for full disclosure on what's going on with the small group of beta testers, which is why the teaser here and another from a week ago have not come with many specific details. I am still ironing out a few things, and as such need to keep things behind the veil until everything is set in stone. I will say, however, that this is part of a new initiative that will forge an utter - and in my humble opinion definitive - compendium in cabinet and speaker configuration permutations, not only for High Gain, but for Mid Gain and Low Gain as well over time for the Axe-Fx II platform(s). This is a parallel project to the MIX libraries I'm currently entrenched in that was born from a surge of creative energy once I returned from the mend of recent events in my personal life that have caused a lull in opportunity for activity.

Much will be disclosed soon, and commercial products will be available for consumption before month's end.

Oh, and I can say one more thing in total confidence: all your br00tz are belong to FAS+OH."

Not sure of the exact date, keep an eye peeled on the Ownhammer site, here is what Kevin said at the Fractal forum:

"I have not yet given the OK for full disclosure on what's going on with the small group of beta testers, which is why the teaser here and another from a week ago have not come with many specific details. I am still ironing out a few things, and as such need to keep things behind the veil until everything is set in stone. I will say, however, that this is part of a new initiative that will forge an utter - and in my humble opinion definitive - compendium in cabinet and speaker configuration permutations, not only for High Gain, but for Mid Gain and Low Gain as well over time for the Axe-Fx II platform(s). This is a parallel project to the MIX libraries I'm currently entrenched in that was born from a surge of creative energy once I returned from the mend of recent events in my personal life that have caused a lull in opportunity for activity.

Much will be disclosed soon, and commercial products will be available for consumption before month's end.

Oh, and I can say one more thing in total confidence: all your br00tz are belong to FAS+OH."

Sacha, where did Kevin post this info on the Fractal website? I can't find it anywhere.

I look forward to trying these ones, after messing with the free UR ir's from Ownhammer and The A Factory I am def the happiest I have been regards ir tech, I didn't enjoy the free Fractal ones though.

I'll probably nab these since they're only nine bucks a pop, but I was just wondering: for those that already have these, are they worth it? I already have a shit ton of the Redwire IRs, all the free goodies, as well as the ones that are bundled with TSE X50 v2.

Sacha's clip sounds sick, but that could be contributed to tons of things. He's one of the few that can still make PodFarm sound ballsy :lol:

Awesome song and guitar sound Sacha! Was that one 8 or 16ohm?

8 ohm, the 16 wasn't done when I did this and I actually haven't tried them yet. Been busy as fuck lately as the band just had our first show. They are a bit darker from my understanding.

I'll probably nab these since they're only nine bucks a pop, but I was just wondering: for those that already have these, are they worth it? I already have a shit ton of the Redwire IRs, all the free goodies, as well as the ones that are bundled with TSE X50 v2.

Sacha's clip sounds sick, but that could be contributed to tons of things. He's one of the few that can still make PodFarm sound ballsy :lol:

DO IT

I went for the Mesa with UK V30s.

Actually I wanted to record a short riff and post it here, but it ended up so fucking sloppy, that I had to to cut it after my lame "count in chuggs" :rolleyes:
Anyway, here you go: https://copy.com/Zh4MZSXnGmc2 2 seconds of guitar..