New Metallica Album

MetalliMegaSlaye

No Life 'Til Metal
May 2, 2006
Eastkabumfuk, PA
www.freewebs.com
Thats right. Metallica is creating another album, except this time with a new producer. I'm a little mad that they fired bob rock, who practically wrote St. Anger (which I liked, i'm hardcore metallica fan). The new album, without a doubt is stone cold metal. I heard two songs off of it. One was called "Burn It Down" and the other without a title. Neither had lyrics, but they were both worthy of the band name Metallica. Remember, metal would not be where it is today without Metallica. Peace.

Ask anyone on this forum and they'll tell you I am a hardcore Metallica fan. I personally think St. Anger SUCKED. There were some good riffs on that album but the engineering was HORRIBLE. You can write the best songs in the world and if your engineering sucks - the album's gonna suck.

As far as Bob Rok goes - I think he ended up being pretty damn out of touch with what Metallica is all about. Hopefully Rick Rubin will get their sound back to something resembling and authentic Thrash sound (nothing wrong with getting back to a band's real roots, right?).

Anyway - that's my two cents. I'm completely ready for a new Metallica album and hope they find some fire in their bellies and do something agressive again. With bands like Lamb of God and Shadows Fall pushing the Thrash envelope - that should be all the example Metallica needs - being that they influenced most of the members of those bands anway.

JB

whered you hear the two songs, ive heard 'the new song' only
I agree with JB on St Anger, that album had a lot of potential, some relly good riffs, awesome intros, but was aweful production and the songs were just long for the sake of being long imo
Im happy Bobs gone, he came when metallica started to go down hill, Black till now

i'm totally with the marine on this.
hardcore fan since puppets in 86(first metal album i heard)and i'm glad bob rocks gone.
while i have all the albums they did with him,and there are some good tracks on all of em,they dont come close to the first 4.not saying thats all rocks fault,but i'm interested to see what they do with rick rubin,really,really interested.

I thought the production was horrible on St. Anger. I thought the sound on the bonus DVD of their practice session was better than the disc itself.

I have not really paid much attention to Metallica since the Black album. I am forced to hear them on occasion since my wife is a big fan.

Metal would not be where it is today WITHOUT METALLICA?

Dude, you may be a hard-core fan... but that is not a true or feasible statement! Maybe in your view it is that way... I mean, yes Metallica pushed metal to "the masses" if you will and they were a bit of innovators (although Exodus came before them, they were just not as lucky as Metallica), but metal would not exist without bands like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Maiden... you get the point.

With that being said, I do like Metallica, I think that they WERE an awesome band, and maybe have the pontential to still be an awesome band... this next album will tell.

Also, to me being a hard-core fan does not mean that you should like EVERY single thing the band does, just because they are your favorites... St. Anger was the worst DISASTER in metal history... what good is there in that release? I am a major Maiden freak... but that does not mean that because they are my favs I like EVERYTHING they put out... yes, I have all the albums... but there are instances where I have only liked half an album... does that make me less of a Maiden fan? Abso-fucking-lutely NOT!

There... I've said my peace... man, I need some sleep... I might have gotten a bit... cranky? :zombie:

SickBoy said:
Who cares about anything Lawyerallica releases anymore... :puke:

Someone evidently.

It's my idea or recently we are wasting ammo on many bands that lost they're magic and/or relevance years ago while there are so many out there eager to be discovered and or helped to rise by fans?

I respect that old fans are still hoping for some bans to come with solid releases when recent history had proved most probably not, but I want to support newer bands, so here's my list:

Wolf
Manigance
Sabaton
Pharaoh
Stimulans
Abandoned
Astral Doors
Benedictum
Cryonic Temple
Force Of Evil
Highland Glory
Listeria
Presto Ballet
Superchrist
Thunderstorm
Rival
Warning S.F.

Pabla said:
Metal would not be where it is today WITHOUT METALLICA?

Dude, you may be a hard-core fan... but that is not a true or feasible statement! Maybe in your view it is that way... I mean, yes Metallica pushed metal to "the masses" if you will and they were a bit of innovators (although Exodus came before them, they were just not as lucky as Metallica), but metal would not exist without bands like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Maiden... you get the point.

Pabla - I think the point is that Master of Puppets - in 1986 - put Thrash Metal on the map and set the bar higher than it had ever been before.

Of course - without Sabbath, Priset, Maiden and all the other plank-owners - Metallica would never have even come about. But they DID knock the collective Metal world on it's ass with MOP. There's a reason why so many Thrash guitarists (old and new) rank MOP in the top 3 albums that influenced their music...good examples would be Lamb of God guitarists Willie Adler and Mark Morton and Shadows Fall guitarists Jon Donais and Matt Bachand.

None of that means that Metallica is the reason everything is what it is because that's not true. But they are a very important band and I would definitely say that if MOP didn't come out when it did...things would have been different in some respects.

JB

And not for nothing - but Metallica still put on one of the best shows around. They still kick some major ass live, and they are always rotating the set list to include their more obscure songs from back in the day.

JB

this
Creeping Death
Fuel
Wherever I May Roam
The New Song
Kirk Solo1
The Unforgiven
Battery
Master Of Puppets
The Thing That Should Not Be
Kirk Solo2
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Disposable Heroes
Leper Messiah
Orion
Damage, Inc.
Sad But True
Nothing Else Matters
One
Enter Sandman
Die Die My Darling
Seek and Destroy

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xps0il
is awesome bruv:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

MetalliMegaSlaye said:
Thats right. Metallica is creating another album, except this time with a new producer. I'm a little mad that they fired bob rock, who practically wrote St. Anger (which I liked, i'm hardcore metallica fan). The new album, without a doubt is stone cold metal. I heard two songs off of it. One was called "Burn It Down" and the other without a title. Neither had lyrics, but they were both worthy of the band name Metallica. Remember, metal would not be where it is today without Metallica. Peace.

ah dude..we knew about this album and bob cock being gone for awhile now..where u been? LoL :Smug: I'm looking forward to the Slayer album then this one but I will give them benefit of doubt.. but im not buying the album unless i hear otherwise that it's a killer album and back to their roots... my fave Metallica album of all time will always be Ride the Lightning.. even though MOP is also a fave of mine Ride always will be the better one IMO ... more power and angst and songwriting... creeping death, for whom the Bell tolls, just all the songs... and where the hell is Flemming Rasmussen damnit? lol i hope Rick Rubin does a good job though... he did good work with Danzig and Slayer in their early albums...

MetalliMegaSlaye said:

Everyone is another hardcore metallica fan, Bob Rock is a shitty producer why do they need someone like him in the first place who only works with mainstream crappy bands, get Dan Swao or something.
You can't judge a whole album based on two songs, you can find the lyrics on the internet.And your statement metal wouldnt be where it is today without metallica, is both untrue and pointess. There were a million other acts which did well in the mainstream, Metallica they just made it overly accessible, I'm scared that they have fell off but I guess well just have to see. I've never heard most of my favourite bands mention them as an influence.

With that being said, I do like Metallica, I think that they WERE an awesome band, and maybe have the pontential to still be an awesome band... this next album will tell.

Also, to me being a hard-core fan does not mean that you should like EVERY single thing the band does, just because they are your favorites... St. Anger was the worst DISASTER in metal history... what good is there in that release? I am a major Maiden freak... but that does not mean that because they are my favs I like EVERYTHING they put out... yes, I have all the albums... but there are instances where I have only liked half an album... does that make me less of a Maiden fan? Abso-fucking-lutely NOT!

I agree with everything you said and I think you said it alot better than I did, I remember when St Anger came out I tricked myself that I loved it cause I couldnt handle the fact they had made an album which really let me down, an album I brought the day it came out and stayed up to 3am to hear on the radio.

SickBoy said:
No no, some other client, Napster charges the downloads... :lol:

Charged for Metallica? Shouldn't we been paid? :heh:

USMC0341 said:
Pabla - I think the point is that Master of Puppets - in 1986 - put Thrash Metal on the map and set the bar higher than it had ever been before.

Of course - without Sabbath, Priset, Maiden and all the other plank-owners - Metallica would never have even come about. But they DID knock the collective Metal world on it's ass with MOP. There's a reason why so many Thrash guitarists (old and new) rank MOP in the top 3 albums that influenced their music...good examples would be Lamb of God guitarists Willie Adler and Mark Morton and Shadows Fall guitarists Jon Donais and Matt Bachand.

None of that means that Metallica is the reason everything is what it is because that's not true. But they are a very important band and I would definitely say that if MOP didn't come out when it did...things would have been different in some respects.

JB

I agree with your point... I just don't agree with the dude that started this thread... or perhaps the way he phrased it.

At any rate.. I am still curious about the upcoming new album, but I WILL HEAR IT BEFORE BUYING! I will not be stuck with a piece of crap as I was when I went to buy "St. Crap" blind!