New Metallica Album

They just played another new song in Japan the other night, it was a good set as well, with the whole puppets album being played again, along with the god that failed :headbang:
There isnt a decent quality version round yet

Danallica said:
They just played another new song in Japan the other night, it was a good set as well, with the whole puppets album being played again, along with the god that failed :headbang:
There isnt a decent quality version round yet

I saw this over on another forum. I would have loved to see them do the Puppets album.:kickass:

i am a hardcore metallica fan, and i, personally, think their latest album, and pretty much everything after the black album, sucks.

As far as Bob Rok goes - I think he ended up being pretty damn out of touch with what Metallica is all about

very true.

Thrash classic? Are we asking if Metallica has it in them to make another thrash classic? At this point in their career I'd be shocked, absolutely shocked, if they could get the nuggets to go back to their roots and put out a decent thrash album. Not all time, not must own, not "Dude, if you don't have this go out and by the motherfucker...NOW!", just a solid effort ala Tempo of the Damned, The System Has Failed, Out for Blood, Relix IV, etc.

Mike27 said:
i am a hardcore metallica fan, and i, personally, think their latest album, and pretty much everything after the black album, sucks.

+1

...with the exception IMO of Garage Inc. Disc 2 is what it is. Give me the first 7 tracks and I'm happy. The rest, I don't really care too much about. We had heard all that before anyway.

Disc 1 is awesome though. I had never heard Whiskey in a Jar before their version. Not my fav on there, but solid. Turn the Page is great and it made me enjoy Seger's version more. Sabbra Cadabra kicks. The Mercyful Fate medley still amazes me. But this, is my favorite thing they've done since the Black Album:

Astronomy

...didn't know this one previously either. :headbang:

Platinum Maze said:
Disc 1 is awesome though. I had never heard Whiskey in a Jar before their version. Not my fav on there, but solid.

That one sucks! Thin Lizzy original version of the folk tune is way better. Metallica couldn't achieved the magic of Eric Bell guitar feeling much less the mesmerizing vocals of Phil Lynnot.

Turn the Page is great and it made me enjoy Seger's version more. Sabbra Cadabra kicks. The Mercyful Fate medley still amazes me.

Right, sucks, right. I heard Seger's version after the one by Metallica and i found Met one better but Metallica CAN'T cover Black Sabbath right if their lives depends on it, and of course I enjoyed better the MF medley beacuse I can't stand KD vocals, so Hetfield does it better.

Astronomy
..didn't know this one previously either. :headbang:

Bad cover, BOC original is far more superior in ambience, melody, harmony and vocal management.

Just heard a decent quality version of the other new song, its shit

as much as i love metallica, i have to admit that this upcoming album is going to suck as well. what i think they should do is take their bajillion dollars, settle down, and retire. stop doing concerts, becuase, if you havnt seen the live vids lately, james cant sing for jack-SHIT anymore. they are pretty much a joke.

if you dont believe me, watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp9wtX5lDno

as much as i love metallica, i have to admit that this upcoming album is going to suck as well. what i think they should do is take their bajillion dollars, settle down, and retire. stop doing concerts, becuase, if you havnt seen the live vids lately, james cant sing for jack-SHIT anymore. they are pretty much a joke.

if you dont believe me, watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp9wtX5lDno

Wyvern said:
That one sucks! Thin Lizzy original version of the folk tune is way better. Metallica couldn't achieved the magic of Eric Bell guitar feeling much less the mesmerizing vocals of Phil Lynnot.

Right, sucks, right. I heard Seger's version after the one by Metallica and i found Met one better but Metallica CAN'T cover Black Sabbath right if their lives depends on it, and of course I enjoyed better the MF medley beacuse I can't stand KD vocals, so Hetfield does it better.

Bad cover, BOC original is far more superior in ambience, melody, harmony and vocal management.

I missed the boat on both BOC and Thin Lizzy. There's probably 6 songs between the 2 of them that I like. Honestly, I've heard Whiskey so many times, I hope I never hear it again. I just think it's a decent cover, nothing special. I also hope I never hear the folk version. :puke:

I don't see a problem with Astronomy. It's a great cover of a great deep track. I think the vocals are an improvement on BOC and there's plenty of ambience. I prefer the ambience that has the distortion though as opposed to the piano. :headbang:

Hetfield did it differently and did a great job with MF. Let's remember who's covering who? :lol: