New Metallica Album

I'll download it..........listen & good or bad I'll delete it, but I will not buy it.

[QUOTE=USMC0341]Ask anyone on this forum and they'll tell you I am a hardcore Metallica fan. I personally think St. Anger SUCKED. There were some good riffs on that album but the engineering was HORRIBLE. You can write the best songs in the world and if your engineering sucks - the album's gonna suck.

As far as Bob Rok goes - I think he ended up being pretty damn out of touch with what Metallica is all about. Hopefully Rick Rubin will get their sound back to something resembling and authentic Thrash sound (nothing wrong with getting back to a band's real roots, right?).

Anyway - that's my two cents. I'm completely ready for a new Metallica album and hope they find some fire in their bellies and do something agressive again. With bands like Lamb of God and Shadows Fall pushing the Thrash envelope - that should be all the example Metallica needs - being that they influenced most of the members of those bands anway.

JB[/QUOTE] OH NO YOU ARE NOT YOU GOBSHITE ASSWIPE

metal paddy said:
[QUOTE=USMC0341]Ask anyone on this forum and they'll tell you I am a hardcore Metallica fan. I personally think St. Anger SUCKED. There were some good riffs on that album but the engineering was HORRIBLE. You can write the best songs in the world and if your engineering sucks - the album's gonna suck.

As far as Bob Rok goes - I think he ended up being pretty damn out of touch with what Metallica is all about. Hopefully Rick Rubin will get their sound back to something resembling and authentic Thrash sound (nothing wrong with getting back to a band's real roots, right?).

Anyway - that's my two cents. I'm completely ready for a new Metallica album and hope they find some fire in their bellies and do something agressive again. With bands like Lamb of God and Shadows Fall pushing the Thrash envelope - that should be all the example Metallica needs - being that they influenced most of the members of those bands anway.

JB
OH NO YOU ARE NOT YOU GOBSHITE ASSWIPE[/QUOTE]

Gee...creative there. Must have taken you a few weeks to come up with that one.

JB

USMC0341 said:
OH NO YOU ARE NOT YOU GOBSHITE ASSWIPE
Gee...creative there. Must have taken you a few weeks to come up with that one.

JB

Hehe, Paddy's just joking Marine, I think he was writing medieval English there :) .. Lemme introduce you to Paddy: the oldest player on this forum... well, on ANY forum I think...Paddy, this is Marine; world famous movie star since a few months and a REAL Metallica fan :headbang:

carnut said:
Hehe, Paddy's just joking Marine, I think he was writing medieval English there :) .. Lemme introduce you to Paddy: the oldest player on this forum... well, on ANY forum I think...Paddy, this is Marine; world famous movie star since a few months and a REAL Metallica fan :headbang:

Pleased to meet you Paddy...anyone carnut vouches for is A#1 in my book.

JB :headbang:

Metallica has not been good metal band for years don't know why anyone bothers with there winey arses anymore.

troopsofdoom said:
Metallica has not been good metal band for years don't know why anyone bothers with there winey arses anymore.

Because is funny to bash them :D And because if they can come with another MOP...well talk about people jumping off their seats :lol:

Wyvern said:
Because is funny to bash them :D And because if they can come with another MOP...well talk about people jumping off their seats :lol:

BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN...EVER. They will never release anything relevant ever again. They blew their creative load at the end of the 80's and have been disorganized ever since.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN...EVER. They will never release anything relevant ever again. They blew their creative load at the end of the 80's and have been disorganized ever since.

I agree but miracles can happen, isn't it? :saint:

Wyvern said:
I agree but miracles can happen, isn't it? :saint:

It can happen. The same was basically true of Aerosmith and then they came out with Permanent Vacation, arguably one of their best albums. Hell, they were even deaderer than Metallica with Perry off doing his own stuff and Crespo "filling in" for him.

Wheezer said:
It can happen. The same was basically true of Aerosmith and then they came out with Permanent Vacation, arguably one of their best albums. Hell, they were even deaderer than Metallica with Perry off doing his own stuff and Crespo "filling in" for him.
I saw that version of Aerosmith when I was in high school. The Crespo/Duffay Aerosmith and they were awful, mostly due to Steven Tyler being completely out of his head on whatever he was taking at the time. It was very sad, as I was a HUGE Aerosmith fan and really liked the album 'Rock In A Hard Place'. 'Rocks' is still a great rock record and their best.

Metallica could still deliver a good album, but odds are against it. I'll give it a fair shot when it comes out, though I will definitely try before I buy.

Or look at Death Angel, after Osegueda left and they turn into The Organization and then Swarm they lost all metal edge in their music before the final split. Then they reunite as Death Angel (minus one of the Pepa brothers) and came with "The Art of Dying" which IMO is their best album

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
I agree. I dont think Metallica can even think Metal anymore.

I agree with several posts here, mostly partially and disagree here with several posts here, mostly partially.......... Of course I am THE Almighty
Metal God and what I say is truth... right guys ? >:p~

How Metallica changed metal was by introducing a technicality and heaviness few could comprehend, but the hooks were so strong, that it drawed people in and then...... most people "got" it and became hooked. Other bends couldn't duplicate what they were doing, but the creative well went dry. Metallica spent an incredible amount of time on the road. The members had to fight addiction problems etc. and they couldn't create anything close to MOP, or even AJfA, so they decided to go with a simpler format. They didn't sell out, but burned out.
The commercial success of The Black album gave them the idea to stay within the "groove" oriented metal for their future releases. can you honestly blame them ? They have 50 times the fans than previously.... so they have to keep either the old set or new set happy. The new set has greater numbers.... so they decide on the latter.
As far as St. Anger....... I don't know what they were thinking. Can they ever write another thrash classic... who knows ? Do I hate them ? Absolutely not. Do I like their newer material ? Absolutely not. I hold no grudges though. If they release something I like I will buy it.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I agree with several posts here, mostly partially and disagree here with several posts here, mostly partially.......... Of course I am THE Almighty
Metal God and what I say is truth... right guys ? >:p~

How Metallica changed metal was by introducing a technicality and heaviness few could comprehend, but the hooks were so strong, that it drawed people in and then...... most people "got" it and became hooked. Other bends couldn't duplicate what they were doing, but the creative well went dry. Metallica spent an incredible amount of time on the road. The members had to fight addiction problems etc. and they couldn't create anything close to MOP, or even AJfA, so they decided to go with a simpler format. They didn't sell out, but burned out.
The commercial success of The Black album gave them the idea to stay within the "groove" oriented metal for their future releases. can you honestly blame them ? They have 50 times the fans than previously.... so they have to keep either the old set or new set happy. The new set has greater numbers.... so they decide on the latter.
As far as St. Anger....... I don't know what they were thinking. Can they ever write another thrash classic... who knows ? Do I hate them ? Absolutely not. Do I like their newer material ? Absolutely not. I hold no grudges though. If they release something I like I will buy it.

Bryant

Bryant, you always have something interesting to say and alot of times I agree with you. This is one of those cases. While it is very disapointing that they stopped making thrash I think it is a waste of time and energy to hate the band or hold any sort of grudge.

As a fans we have every right to bash them. They used to bash on bands like Iron maiden for making to many videos and selling trinkets and shit like that now they are the worst ones. Watch their stupid movie they act like little cry baby kids. Metallica should be bashed no band has ever changed their sound and attitude as drastic as they did. I do give them credit for the 80s albums but they have been nothing but a simple radio band since then. Even if their new album was better than MOP I would not buy it from a bunch of posers.

troopsofdoom said:
no band has ever changed their sound and attitude as drastic as they did.
Probably not attitude-wise, but over the years Priest has definitely changed their sound, quite drastically. I could name more.

troopsofdoom said:
no band has ever changed their sound and attitude as drastic as they did.

I think some more have done it: Sentenced, Amorphis, Ulver, Tiamat, Therion, Samael to mention some. Unlike Metallica (IMO) they didn't look for a more commercial sound purposely, they just either change their sound to another branch of metal or they totally divorced from metal not looking to keep mallcore kids happy.

Also unlike Metallica they are not going (as far as I know) playing their old stuff live just because the newer stuff sucks. If you are true to yourself you go all the way in a makeover/divorce.

NP: Uriah Heep - Poet's Justice