New Metallica Single

I like it. When it started out slow I thought "Oh god, here we go again" but I think it's a well written song and a great mix. You can actually hear the bass, I'm glad they didn't bury Rob like they did with Jason on Justice. And also there is...wait for it...guitar solos!! And they're good too. I like the song, I know there will be heavier songs on the album and with that mix I think it'll sound killer. I'm actually looking forward to a Metallica album now for the first time in a long time.

I've been bashing Metallica since the Load album ---- not because they are "sell-outs", I've got no problem with bands changing their sound, as they grow older and expanding their audience base. I've bashed them because I personally did not like any of the music past the Black Album. I just got done listening to this new track, and I am actually pretty excited for a Metallica album for the first time in more then a decade. When I heard their version of Remember tomorrow, i figured the only reason I actually heard the bass was because it was a Maiden cover, and you can't hide the bass their. But I actually can hear the bass in this song,
thats great. I'm glad they are letting us actually hear Rob's playing, I wish they would have done the same with Jason. Continuing on the mix, Lars' drums actually sound like drums and not like he's playing on garbage cans, as a matter of fact the muddy (shitty) mix they have had for the past decade now seems to be gone and everything sounds nice and crisp.

I'm not ready to call this a return to form to their 80's sound, but in my humble opinion what I have heard so far is the best stuff I have heard from the guys in forever.

I'm pumped. I haven't bought a Metallica cd since the Black album, wait crap, I did buy S&M, but that don't count as new material. I 'm probably going to actually go buy this one.

I've been bashing Metallica since the Load album ---- not because they are "sell-outs", I've got no problem with bands changing their sound, as they grow older and expanding their audience base. I've bashed them because I personally did not like any of the music past the Black Album. I just got done listening to this new track, and I am actually pretty excited for a Metallica album for the first time in more then a decade. When I heard their version of Remember tomorrow, i figured the only reason I actually heard the bass was because it was a Maiden cover, and you can't hide the bass their. But I actually can hear the bass in this song,
thats great. I'm glad they are letting us actually hear Rob's playing, I wish they would have done the same with Jason. Continuing on the mix, Lars' drums actually sound like drums and not like he's playing on garbage cans, as a matter of fact the muddy (shitty) mix they have had for the past decade now seems to be gone and everything sounds nice and crisp.

I'm not ready to call this a return to form to their 80's sound, but in my humble opinion what I have heard so far is the best stuff I have heard from the guys in forever.

I'm pumped. I haven't bought a Metallica cd since the Black album, wait crap, I did buy S&M, but that don't count as new material. I 'm probably going to actually go buy this one.
Could not have said it better myself. I too have not bought a Metallica album since the black album, I haven't even heard St. Anger (I've heard good and bad, I've heard it's good but no guitar solos). I've listened to this new song 20 times now and it's great, really great. Let's forgive this band for the horrible crap they've put out over the years and accept that they have made heavy metal what it is today...only until the new Anthrax album comes out and DESTROYS all. Scott's right hand demolishes James' in my opinion. Scott is the thrash guitar god, when it comes out we'll see.

...only until the new Anthrax album comes out and DESTROYS all.

*lmao*

the only thing Anthrax have destroyed within the last 15 years is their career, they haven't put out a listenable record since 1995. what i've heard so far from the new album (the 3 songs they performed live) i'm not impressed at all, if those are the best songs on the album then i don't wanna hear the rest of it. who needs Anthrax in 2008? compare their last 3 records to the music of Kataklysm, Into Eternity, Skyfire, In Flames & many more bands in the metal business, Anthrax are ridiculous, their music is not competitive. i only listen to their stuff from FISTFUL to WHITE NOISE, STOMP is ok & the rest is HORRIBLE.

*lmao*

the only thing Anthrax have destroyed within the last 15 years is their career, they haven't put out a listenable record since 1995. what i've heard so far from the new album (the 3 songs they performed live) i'm not impressed at all, if those are the best songs on the album then i don't wanna hear the rest of it. who needs Anthrax in 2008? compare their last 3 records to the music of Kataklysm, Into Eternity, Skyfire, In Flames & many more bands in the metal business, Anthrax are ridiculous, their music is not competitive. i only listen to their stuff from FISTFUL to WHITE NOISE, STOMP is ok & the rest is HORRIBLE.

Then what the fuck are you doing here? Get lost and go back to listening In Flames.

*lmao*

seriously STFU and GTFO

The song cyanide is even better than the day that never comes.
i downloaded it from their ozzfest concert off mission metallica site and it's not even the greatest of quality. it has eveything.

*lmao*

move along people...person has no life..move along

I´m neither impressed nor excited. James´singing sounds quite lame and the whole thing sounds like a weak attempt to record another "one", sanitarium or fade to black.

James still can't sing. Even with that it's still better than anything since Justice. I hated everything they did with Bob Rock, so this is an improvement. I'll wait to hear the rest of the record but this is at least somewhat of an improvement.

I never understood why so many people liked the black album.

*lmao*

Wow, if I hated a band for 15 years I wouldn't be visiting their site, but everybody has an opinion, I respect all. Us loyal regulars here will all buy the new album and enjoy it, maybe you'll hear a track or two of it one day. Don't tell us we're stupid though, we love this band, that's why we're here.