Metallica finally sold out?

About the artist covering Metallica's song, Metallica can't do a thing about it. When artists cover your songs you can't do a thing about it whether it is shit or not. The only you have control over is the the usage of your songs like if someone wants to use your song in a movie or ad.

No, if they have a cd with a cover of your song they owe you royalties. You get to negotiate royalties. I mean seriously, why wouldn't bands just have an infinite supply of cover songs then? And also, King Diamond got sued for copying Gene Simmons' makeup, I think Metallica can sue for use of their song.

coolsnow7 said:
And also, King Diamond got sued for copying Gene Simmons' makeup, I think Metallica can sue for use of their song.
This was very ridiculous move from Mr. Greedy I guess.

OK metallica just blew through boston last week @ the fleet center. i went, only 'cuz the tickets were free. i'd been looking online for tix, and it was over $150 to be on the floor. and about $120 for pavillion level. the face value for the free tix i got was $55 plus the ticketscammer $20 service fee. i have to say the show was kinda weak, and godsmack have gone down hill hard core since the first time i saw them. i saw anthrax at the northern lights show on 9/28, and that was a better show. I listened to st.anger once 'cuz a friend of mine got it. the recording quality is shit. but it is intentional to make them sound more like a garage band. it doesn't do them any favors. you can make a shitty band sound great with good production, but bad production can turn a masterpiece into a turd. but no matter what you do, st. anger is shit.

I think what's his fuck there .... billy joe is a piece of shit. I remember when they played community halls back in the day and wore dresses on stage. I took offense to the "concept album" American Idiot. I don't like the idea of making fun of a country that is responsible for your popularity, and the nice new teeth bought with US $$$. We maybe a country controlled by the media as he sings, but he would be nothing with out the media. And how about the fact that when he made it big, he lost all his friends and wasn't welcome in his own home town.
The songs are poppy and catchy, but I think he is shit. I also saw them on the AOL sessions that were on TV, they introduced themselves as "the green day trio" I guess I need to check my glasses or learn how to count. there were 5 guys on stage. The 3 of them, a rythm guitarist, and a guy playing keeboards. OOOOPS!!!!
I guess I'm and idiot for knowing how to count.........3 + 2 = green day trio?#! , hmmm.....

I think you guys are looking at this metallica selling out thing all wrong. I don't think metallica reall sold out musically. They may have gotten slower and softer, and the st anger is raw and a little harder. I'm actually surprised that the album went platinum because it is commercially one of the worst albums that I have ever heard. I guess that's what happens when you're metallica. anyway the point is metallica has always played whatever they wanted too and that's the way they are. It's sad because it marked the end of the best thrash band ever, but it doesn't mean they sold out. Now if you want evidence that metallica sold out, go to the metallica web page and look at their merchandice. You can actually buy metallica shoes, floor mats, and whole bunch of other shit that has nothing to do with music. Despite all of this I still like metallica because james hetfield still writes some of the best lyrics out there.