Bands that SOLD OUT

Rammstein supporting AC/DC.

I saw Rammstein back in December and it was a great show, I'd go see them again in a flash! But then, I am a big fan and you hate them.
(you're forgiven)
But Rammstein opening for AC/DC. Thats a fucked up combo?????

But Rammstein opening for AC/DC. Thats a fucked up combo?????

It did happen...back in 2002 I guess. Rammstein were fucking terrible. It was an open air and they played in a daylight - no fire show then. It only showed that their music itself is sooo lame.

BTW - I think few of their songs are OK, I don't really hate them.

For example, some die-hard Anthrax fans find it disgusting that Scott and Rob are doing their Damned Things thing.

And that's FUCKING RETARDED, because the EXACT SAME people who said (when Anthrax changed their sound during the Bush era) that bands who wish to do poppier stuff should change the name or do a side project...but when they do said side project, they give them shit for it? Which is it!?

And that's FUCKING RETARDED, because the EXACT SAME people who said (when Anthrax changed their sound during the Bush era) that bands who wish to do poppier stuff should change the name or do a side project...but when they do said side project, they give them shit for it? Which is it!?

In my opinion no one in a metal band should want to do stuff aimed at 14 year old girls.
Although apparently TDT aren't actually like that at all, I just bought into IMFans rants about them being emo. :loco:

Well thats true.

While I agree that it's all about the money, it is still a slap in the face to metalheads when metal bands sell out. We are the ones that are there in support of them when mainstream won't have anything to do with them. What do some of you think about the bands that sold out to grunge? I think soundgarden completely sold out after Louder Than Love. When they became grunge it was all of a sudden like they never were metal at all. Some people defend them by saying it wasn't their fault they got lumped into the grunge category, it was the media and because of where they were from. But IMO they altered their sound to be more of an alternative sound. And they became a new band to the rest of the world even though most metalheads knew who they were before the term grunge was even coined. But grunge at the time was totally mainstream. And the same for Alice in Chains. They went from touring with Pantera to touring with No Doubt(not literally). I ask because some of these bands are trying comebacks into the metal scene. Alice in Chains playing at Dimebash and walking the black carpet and all. Can a band ever unsell out? Or should we let them remain a part of grunge history?

I don't even know what this "selling out" actually means...I understand change though...sometimes I've liked how the bands have changed sometimes NOT...
If selling out is the same as becoming popular...then Metallica did that on Master of Puppets tour and Anthrax on State of Euphoria tour - they were both supporting Ozzy...and I suppose Ozzy has always been huge in the US. Does this make any sense? ...

T:)

I am not bashing Alice in Chains for playing at Dimebash. They were friends with Dimebag so they were there to give respect. I wasn't bashing them for that, just using it as an example of how they are trying to be metal again

Badmotorfinger was a metal album, they started making less metal music after that. To this day I still love that album.

I try so hard not to think of Tool as sell outs. I used to love them so much. I worry that I don't consider them sell outs because of denial on my part. I do know that they have a whole new fan base and those fans don't consider them metal. The first time I heard someone say they are not a metal band, I was very confused. They have a new fan base that are not metal. When a band ends up with a new fan base, what does that new fan base do when they hear their old stuff? Do they go into shock. It is really hard to imagine Metallica's new fans getting into their old stuff. I saw a YouTube clip where James was apologizing because they were about to play an older song and they didn't want the crowd to get scared. If someone can find the clip I am referring to, please post it. I found it by accident before. It was hilarious though. Aenima is my favorite album from Tool. I tell my self that it isn't their fault that they have non metal fans. But when you have geeks listening to them and saying they are not metal, you have to wonder. Surely they are not aware of Aenima. At some point in Tool's career, they became a new band to some non metalheads.

Tool is a prog band and very good one indeed. I like their stuff from Aenima onwards...older stuff is...too.....öööö...metal.

T:)

Technically every band has sold out at some point. Everyone is a fucking hypocrite in life..haha

Annihilator yea but they refuse to play in the USA which I find funny in a way. Jeff is a god on guitar but he's happy what he's doing and living a comfortable life.

Oh no! Does your statement force me to believe they did sell out? Aenima was the last album I bought from them. Guess I have been in denial for a long time.