Bands that SOLD OUT

I'm going to add Opeth to the "fucking sell outs" list. No death metal vocals on the new album? I know fine they did the Damnation album, I own it, and they always did clean stuff - but Mikael Akerfeldts become more and more of a pretentious wanker over the years and now he's disowning death metal! What a prick.

Just signed in..but have been lurking in the 'bushes' for ages..So hello guys..It has been great reading some of you post. This one some how manage to take a nice turn..SOWN= thrash, well yeah..its obvious..why?? coz its ANTHRAX!!

Just signed in..but have been lurking in the 'bushes' for ages..So hello guys..It has been great reading some of you post. This one some how manage to take a nice turn..SOWN= thrash, well yeah..its obvious..why?? coz its ANTHRAX!!

AHHH okay, got it. SO Black Lodge is Thrash then since Anthrax did it. Got it.. got it. Thanks for the clarification!

Speaking about bands selling out:

Is it as "bad" when a producer/mixer/studio engineer is working with a "sell-out"-band, as when musicians do?

I would not have much of a problem with it, I think. Might alter my opinion if someone would drop a few interesting lines on this subject though ...

Jay Ruston for example has a quite diverse working history: everything between "The Big 4 Live in Sofia, Bulgaria" and "American Idol: Season 4 Cast Album".

AHHH okay, got it. SO Black Lodge is Thrash then since Anthrax did it. Got it.. got it. Thanks for the clarification!

If I'm not mistaken, Black Lodge is not the only song og SOWN.

You can call the album thrash, grunge, metal, or reggae polka for all I care.
In my opinion, the bottom line is that it's a great album.

Id rather listen to fallout boy than Load era Metallica

Just saying something like that should get your metal card revoked. Wasting My Hate, Bleeding Me, and The Outlaw Torn are way better than any FOB song. Sure, not what you would call classics, but still. I think you have been listening to stupid girl by Cold one too many times.

Speaking about bands selling out:

Is it as "bad" when a producer/mixer/studio engineer is working with a "sell-out"-band, as when musicians do?

I would not have much of a problem with it, I think. Might alter my opinion if someone would drop a few interesting lines on this subject though ...

Jay Ruston for example has a quite diverse working history: everything between "The Big 4 Live in Sofia, Bulgaria" and "American Idol: Season 4 Cast Album".

Anyone?

That depends on how broadly or narrowly you define the genre...

I think Ride the Lightning is widely considered a thrash record, even though Fade to Black is on it.

Okay so in this theory are you saying that other than "Black Lodge" that SOWN noise is a Thrash metal album?

Ride The Lightning is certainly Thrash, even fade to black kicks in to thrashy riffs towards the end of the song.

Even "one" is thrash towards the end, sanitarium as well.

Just saying something like that should get your metal card revoked. Wasting My Hate, Bleeding Me, and The Outlaw Torn are way better than any FOB song. Sure, not what you would call classics, but still. I think you have been listening to stupid girl by Cold one too many times.

But Scott Ian and Rob C. can go play in band with Fallout Boy members and that doesn't get their metal card revoked?

i have honestly never even heard Fallout Boy other than when watching Jay Leno they came on and I wanted to vomit.

That being said, there is nothing Metal about Metallica on Load and Re-load. So admitting to liking those album should also get your 'metal card' revoked.

Stupid Girl by cold is lame. The first 2 Cold albums were brilliant imo.

But Scott Ian and Rob C. can go play in band with Fallout Boy members and that doesn't get their metal card revoked?

Who needs a metal card when they've got Emo-rican Express?

I've only heard one or two songs by Fallout Boy. While I didn't find it vomit-inducing (unlike hard trance), I can certainly say that it's not my cup of tea.

However, I don't really think that The Damned Things sound very much like Fallout Boy. Ok, I haven't listened much to the latter, but based on the few tunes I've heard I'd say that The Damned Things are quite a lot heavier.

I wouldn't really place The Damned Things in the emo genre at all. I think both the music and the lyrics place the band in a more traditional hard rock genre.