Metallica finally sold out?

Music wise Metallica like Anthrax has mellowed over the last decade or so. Not a bad thing. I think Sell outs not becasue of music but because of what they've done outside of recording albums.

I'm so old I thought Master of Muppets(the song, still fucking hate it) was a fucking sell out. To this day makes me think of tweekers I used to see in my drinking hole.

I saw them in 1985 and 1988 and both gigs ripped. I saw them in 2000 and it was good. Especially when James sat down and Jason sang Whiplash, what a power trio - The sucky part was the typical wait for the set to start and people throwing shit. Kiss my ass shit throwers, you think I'm gonna throw a $7 beer ot $5 soda, dumb fucks.

IMHO - the best part of the MTV tribut show was For Whom the Bell Tolls by Sum41.

BTW - What's wrong with Tori Amos? She writes and plays her own material.

johnnieCzech said:
I think it has nothing to do with them selling out when somebody plays their cover.
For example, I think Tori Amos (or was it she) once did Slayer cover. Does it mean they sell out?
I saw Tori Amos playing this live at the BBC, i was there on work experience and was sitting in the conrol room watching her "performance". It took me about 2 minutes to realise in horror what she was playing. I'd still fuck her though...Fuck her over the head with a shovel!:D

Dragons_Kin said:
I still wouldn't mind seeing them live but how much are tickets to see them these days?

Tickets were $55 for seats, $75 for floor tickets in Milwaukee. Plus the evil service charges, which ended up running about $20 a ticket.

Scott

SCott308 said:
Tickets were $55 for seats, $75 for floor tickets in Milwaukee. Plus the evil service charges, which ended up running about $20 a ticket.

Scott
Do you actually like No Doubt? Or are you a Gwen fan? :D

DarbysDad said:
I'm so old I thought Master of Muppets(the song, still fucking hate it) was a fucking sell out.

:yow:

I started listening to Metallica by way of the Master of Puppets album. Never got into the black album though, and I found I liked the Justice for All 50/50. Never was the same without Cliff Burton.

YourAuntieSocial said:
:yow:

I started listening to Metallica by way of the Master of Puppets album. Never got into the black album though, and I found I liked the Justice for All 50/50. Never was the same without Cliff Burton.
I know, I still get bashed for that opinion. Just a time when I didn't want speed metal to wuss out.

Good album but I was 18 and wanted Kill 'em All and Ride the Lighting, yeah, yeah!!!!! Strange enough I liked Justice except you can't hear Jason play.

Cliff 'em All Rules!!

I think we really have to look for new leader in the music industry. The same thinking that made Metallica new to by reborn. Birth most often takes place in the unground seen, where there playing music because they like it, not because the boat loads of money they make. My personal chose for a band to lead us down that driven path would be raum13. RAUM13 has that hunger and passion lacking amoung pre-madonna bands today! Check them out at www.raum13.friendpages.com

jdelpi said:
I also feel like adding that at the show, a "fight" broke out right behind us. I use quotes because it ended in a knockout with one punch, though the guy kept on punching after that. My friend and I moved after that.

Danzig was at the show?

Scott

I always thought Metallica was good. I thought the Garage Inc. and the symphony album right next to each other without releasing new material for five years after that was a sign of selling out. But I thought St. Anger was good (so what?? Sue me) and the show i saw last week was great. A person covering one of their songs is not a very big deal.

SCott308 said:
Don't those go hand in hand? :D Yeah, I like No Doubt, they have some pretty catchy songs. But it doesn't hurt that Gwen is in the band, either.

Scott

Yeah Gwen's hot. I used to have a wallpaper at one job that was a pic of Scott and Gwen

Spreadingthe Living312 said:
I always thought Metallica was good. I thought the Garage Inc. and the symphony album right next to each other without releasing new material for five years after that was a sign of selling out. But I thought St. Anger was good (so what?? Sue me) and the show i saw last week was great. A person covering one of their songs is not a very big deal.
I won´t sue you but still think St.Anger SUCKS. I like Garage Inc. and S+M, and the rest of Metallica. But I hope their new album will NOT sound like Shit.Anger.