Sydney Metallica show...

yes i did hear the run to the hills intro.

i also heard the 5 huge stuff ups in one. how badly did that intro go. every few seconds kirk played completely the wrong notes. i thought his guitar had broken at first. everyone in the crowd was looking at each other going... wtf is going on.

overall i gave it 7/10

the sound mix was bad, in blackened the guitars all blured into each other and james' voice sounded weak and tired (not the usual commanding and dominate voice youve heard on their other live dvds) . i could hardly hear it from the seats. and it simply wasnt loud enough (i could talk to the person next to me... whioch just shouldnt happen at a metal gig).

the setlist was a shocker imo. playing seek and destroy 2nd killed the whole mood as it is a total stinker of a song. dirty window... wtf .. horrible song.

there were some highlights. including one (if you could ignore the stuff ups at the beginning), enter sandman went off, MOP was great. but overall you just cant play songs like one next to st anger rubbish... it was like watching 3 different bands playing.

1) crappy thrashy pub westie metal- kill em all stuff

2) progressive intellegent complex song writting of one, MOP, sanitarium,creeping death

3) teenage angst concert - dirty window, st anger, frantic.

there was no continuity in the stage performance, as they left the stage a couple of times...(the first time they were expecting to get appluded back on... but after 40minutes of playing a few songs, when they left. most people were looking around going... thats so lame its not funny, and james came back onto the stage saying "thank you so fucking much sydney" when no one had been calling them back, it was more like just expected that they would return.

other funny moments that made me laugh was when he said "whos got st anger in the crowd?" and everyone was like HELL YEAH! i was like wtf... they didnt even sell that many copies in the whole of australia.

also to, the final line in so what where the lights panned onto the crowd and james said "who cares about fucking you!". found it slightly ironic.

anyway all in all,7/10 my expectations were very high i admit, but for the supposed gods of metal i was very disapointed.

Well when a new champion crops up and obliterates the opposition like that he has no other choice koichi.

Well,this was my fifth Metallica show in 4 tours (1989,1993 x 2,1998 and now 2004) and was quite impressed with the show.As most of you know i have been putting shit on the NEW Metallica for a long time now but was very happy to only have to listen to three songs form St Anger(still sounds absolutely terrible).I thought it was an excellent show.The sound was a bit messy during the first couple of songs but then it got better!

Highlights for me were Sanitarium,Harverster of Sorrow,Seek and Destroy,Whiplash,Hit the Lights,One,
Enter Sandamn,Master of Puppets.

saw them again at the Big Day out (Sydney Friday) and again enjoyed their set.
It was bit shorter than their own gig on Wednsday and they changed a couple of songs

I reckon this thread's a load of bullshit, for it leads us to believe that Spawn and Spiff left their houses, not to go to work or the record store, but to actually go out, in the space of a week.