Sydney Metallica show...

Nope, but I wouldnt be surprised if Lars did play it, he has done it at other concerts over the years :)

Man, I hope Melbourne get a good setlist. I like all songs, but would prefer Blackened over Fight Fire With Fire (but FFWF is still awesome), and want to hear Puppets, but I want to hear Battery and Damage Inc as well. Damn you Metallica, damn you for having so many good songs. Ooo, I hope we get Ride The Lightning, they haven't played that yet, and were playing it at gigs on the stadium tour.

I can't stand Battery. I think its a really crap song. But that's just me... I don't like Damage Inc. either. Disposable Heroes is boring as well I think. This is why Master Of Puppets is my least favourite out of the first 5 Metallica albums. You know, even the title track has never really done it for me, never been one of my fave Metallica songs. Something about the whole sound on Puppets just doesn't appeal to me, I never play that album and never even really played it when I was more of a Metallica freak years ago. I do love The Thing That Should Not Be, Orion and Sanitarium though, they are great songs.

Well I went away happy that I didnt have to bring the entire arena down on everyones head :)

I was glad they played Harvester too, I dont like the Justice version, but live its always sounded awesome :headbang:

I like it on Justice too. :)

My perfect Metallica setlist would have:
Hit The Lights, The Four Horsemen, Seek & Destroy, Fight Fire With Fire, Ride The Lightning, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Fade To Black, Creeping Death, Call Of Ktulu, The Thing That Should Not Be, Sanitarium, ...And Justice For All, Eye Of The Beholder, One, Harvester Of Sorrow, Enter Sandman, Wherever I May Roam, The Unforgiven, Don't Tread On Me, The God That Failed, My Friend Of Misery. :)

The God That Failed rules :headbang:

Theres no way I could have stood there for that setlist though :) I had already been standing for nearly 5 hours straight, and I was already sore before I got to the show, I can hardly move right now, but it was worth it :)

Don't get me wrong, I can see why so many people Master of Puppets, because there is really nothing wrong with it at all. To me though, I just find it boring for the most part. It's not a very exciting album I don't think. I think Kill Em All is packed with energy and killer riffs and attitude, Lightning has that attitude/energy but combined with better songs, Justice has great songs and structures and melodies and stuff, and the Black album has awesome production and great focus on catchy songwriting, and again lots of awesome riffs. But Puppets to me kinda lacks the energy/excitement of the early ones and doesn't have the songs or melody of Justice or the songwriting and catchiness and huge sound of Black.

I really can't put my finger on why I don't like Puppets, it just doesn't appeal to me. I think what I said above is the best way to explain it, its just lacking the things I like about the other albums.

The only thing wrong with it is that ive overplayed it to death! But after a few months of not listening to it, I put it on and remember why it rules so much. Justice is way too uneven IMHO, its still great though, but some of the tracks are a bit weak or meandering and the production sucks. Lightning is just as good as MOP :headbang: :)

The black album rules too, Sad But True sounded awesome last night :headbang:

Slave To The Grind on the other hand.... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:worship:

Wasted Time alone makes it one of the greatest albums ever! And not one of the other tracks is bad, every song rules. Totally filler free album, that's rare. Their first album would be too if they got rid of Makin' A Mess, that song doesn't really do anything for me.

Yeah Justice isn't all that consistent I agree, but maybe its the fact that Puppets is too consistent that makes it lack excitement for me, I dunno. Lightning rules coz every song is good so in that respect it has the same consistency as Puppets but it doesn't drag as much, it stays alot fresher and more energetic to me.

Black album is possibly my favourite Metallica album. In fact, I think I can safely say it is. And I don't care who says "omg you're a poser, Black album is boring and gay ebcause they sold out and got Bob Rock and its not thrash and the songs are too catchy". Well geez sorry for liking something with a great production and catchy songs, I thought that's meant to be a good thing! I don't care if its not thrash anyway because I'm not exactly a thrash fan anyhow. I'd prefer a good hard rock album than a good thrash album... and I think Metallica did a great job at pulling off an awesome hard rockin' arena metal album with Black.

Nobody hahaha, I just knew that by saying Black is my fave I was gonna get a few people saying it sucks so I thought I'd justify why I like it now so they can read that before attacking me with their studded thrash metal gear and torches of true metal :lol:

Spray them in the eyes with hairspray, kick them in the nuts with my pointy cowboy boots, then strangle them with my bandana :headbang: :lol:

Finish them off by shooting them with Blackie style cock pyro :headbang: