Sydney Metallica show...

I thought Blackened was awesome. Infact, most of the songs were awesome. The St Anger songs sounded alot better than on the album. ALOT better. Rob is fuckin metal with that crab walk. haha.

There were so many fists in the air pumping towards the stage all night. I could have gone without hearing Sandman, but ya get that. Fade to Black would have been cool as well.

Kirks solos were pretty good. Nothing mind blowing, but cool all the same.. I liked his one before Nuthin Else Matters.

2nd Gayest part of the night: James geting the crowd to sing "MET-TAL-I-CA" in time with the music.

James needs to shutup and just sing, his between song banter was bizzare a couple of times...

Rob still looks like a serial killer, we will find koichi in his boot one day, mark my words.

Yeah, Lars started playing Run To The Hills.... Kirk tried to play along but obviously didn't know how it went! (Much like Dungeon) :lol:

Rob is a fucking nutcase, I don't think he stood in one spot for more then 5 seconds all night..... mind you, at one point I saw him slowly walk across stage shaking his legs out, so all that "crabbing" across the stage has to take a toll on his knees! ;)

I like Fight Fire With Fire. And for some reason I seem to recall them playing Harvester in 1998.

The 1998 gig was definitely better than this one, mainly because of the acoustic set. That ruled.

I think the Black album is very close to being a perfect metal album.

The guys and I have been close for a few years now, we hang out whenever they are in town, so I asked if I could take a few happy snaps and they agreed :)

I just got home then .. got sidetracked by a party on the way back.

It was great :D :headbang:

Didn't look bad from up at the seats either, that crush on the floor that happened when they came on though looked pretty heavy from where we were.

Urghh the Datsuns sounded like they just played one song the whole time, and they overused the whole, drum and bass + feedback deal. His singing was annoying too, but overall I guess they weren't as shit as I thought they would be.

Great setlist, turned out to be about 3 songs from each album except Ride, Load and Reload. Damage Inc. would've been good but I can't complain :D

Anyone see Hetfield arrive in the Tarago?? Now that's class :D:D:D

Yep, the one last night was ridiculous, way worse than Slayer. I think its because Slayer is an older crowd, whereas Metallica had lots of idiot kids around, I could hear them talking about barging people out of the way and stuff as soon as the show started, so I elbowed them when they got to me. Then I got out because I got crushed and couldnt breathe, so I figured id rather enjoy the show from a bit further back than have to ask people how it was when it was over after I got off the floor :)

Pantera was the worst for me. Thought I was gonna suffocate. Lasted about an hour into their set before it got too hot and I had to have a breather. Went outside to get a drink and it was like I'd just taken a shower in my clothes. Everything was soaked.

The most painful however was Destruction/Dungeon in Canberra in 2002. I don't have a problem with people wearing spikes to a concert... but don't go in the fucken pit. I had this dick with 1 inch long spikes on his arm jumping around behind me. If I wasn't so drunk I would have been REALLY pissed off. There's a circular hole in the back of the t-shirt I was wearing that night because he stabbed me with one of his spikes.

Yeah I am not sure how long I will last towards the front (assuming I get near the front). In 98, the crowd turnover was pretty high anyway, so it wasn't too hard to get near the front again later in the show. It isn't bad standing back a bit anyway, usually, but at the music bowl I am not so sure. I hope it is a decent enough venue.

The only pit I've been in is the one at Deep Purple in 1998. That was only made up of the people in the first three rows of seats, though, and if I hadn't got my leg stuck when trying to climb over them I would have been up the front!! :headbang:

Slayer was the craziest... Metallica by far the biggest! During Whiplash, three seperate "death pits" opened up in the mosh, they eventually all converged and it made it seem like there was a massive hole in the middle of the crowd!