New Metric halo ChannelStrip

I think it overall just needs more compartmentalising. The simplest example should be some form of divider between the different eq bands.

Yes. That whole post pretty much nails it.

I was originally going to use this as an example of an intuitive EQ UI with a similarly straight, mirrored (albeit rotated, compared to MHCS) knob layout:

large-sosnews00dmgaudio.png

The use of multiple colors is chiefly to identify and link each band to its visual representation on the graph. This helps tie the design together, and make it feel intuitive. The knob functions are all divided visually using beveling. Otherwise it's kept fairly monotone, and not gaudy.

The knob graphic makes positioning easy to see, and also separates itself from the background quite distinctly.

There's enough shading and texturing to prevent the UI from feeling entirely 2d and 'flat'. This can help a lot in terms of creating visual distinction between elements.

These are all things that any competent professional graphic designer would be able to enumerate and sort out. It's all about drawing attention to the right places, and compartmentalizing. The current CS UI bombards the onlooker with a plethora of visual information, which makes the look feel overwhelming.

I do not own this plug in. Although I'd like to based on the responses it has received here. From an outside perspective I do agree it looks very 2D and cartoony. It's definitely the colors and the lack of shadow and depth used.

Definitely bring down the brightness and increase the 3d look and you'll have a winner. The crayola colors are a bit much too. With the light gray and the florescents its like a plug in might have looked in the 80's.

Again agreeing that this should be taken 2nd after the functionality and sound quality.

I like when the knobs are in relation to what they're changing. Makes it easy to get at a glance.

halochannel.jpg

(tried to embed a dropbox image which is blocked at my work, so I can't tell if it's showing up or not)

I like when the knobs are in relation to what they're changing. Makes it easy to get at a glance.

(tried to embed a dropbox image which is blocked at my work, so I can't tell if it's showing up or not)
Yeah it's showing up and I think it's 1000 times better than the current layout!
The colours aren't great but I can live with that, to me the layout is way more important (first sound, then layout / ease of use, then aesthetics).

So Please MH, at least make it possible to re-arrange or switch between the standard layout and an improved one like Kita pictured it.

Off topic, but I always get a laugh when see Kita posting, because in my language his nick means 'dick'/'cock'
Wondering if Slipperman actually has some knowledge of my language :lol:

Off topic, but I always get a laugh when see Kita posting, because in my language his nick means 'dick'/'cock'
Wondering if Slipperman actually has some knowledge of my language :lol:

Naw, stood for Kurt In The Ass.

And will you believe me that there is another word for cock here, 'kurac' (similar to kurt), so somewhat it's like 'dick in the ass' :D

I honestly wouldn't put it past him to have this all masterminded in the late night hours.

You're not from Australia, are you?

Here's my remix on that plug:
metrichalo.jpg

It's not fully completed, just fast rearranging. Don't have time to redraw knobs and background, but the point was to make it more straightforward.

Wait did anyone else happen to catch that this new Channel Strip three plugin is AAX format for PT10? I guess there won't be RTAS/ TDM versions?

Wait did anyone else happen to catch that this new Channel Strip three plugin is AAX format for PT10? I guess there won't be RTAS/ TDM versions?

Yeah from the wording of it, it seems like you need pt 10. Kind of a drag but....idk, I can see why they're doing it.

As for a clarification on the UI, yes it's not the prettiest but as people have said, it sounds good, and that's all that matters.

I've never bought a plug-in on how it looks.
Usually it's about how it sounds.

Also, +1 on the upgrade price from 2-> 3.

So I've heard nothing but good things about this plug. How do you guys use it? Is it a clean plug? Character? What makes you say "this needs the MH plug?" Just an all around workhorse?

How about now? :D

Haven't done a second half of GUI with displays, but will do in next few days...

Since everybody seems to have their own opinion about ergonomics, I'll say my own too - when having a channel strip with so many button and knobs like this one, I think it's too cluttered to have those tiny displays with parameters beneath every knob... I think most of us rely visually on the knob itself and it's position, and if you want to enter an accurate amount, double clicking on the knob could easily work just like in most of other plugins (as you do so you instantly get to enter the amount beneath the knob... furthermore, the same amount can automatically display as you're turning the knob so you're always having an accurate representation of your input...)... Just my 2c...

Anyway, let me know guys what you think of ergonomics and design itself...

Cheerz

Metric%20Halo%20Skin4.jpg