New Metric halo ChannelStrip

You're missing the first h in threshold

Other than that, some smart plugin company should really give you a gig. Or at least Metric Halo can give you one of their interfaces or sumthin' :loco:

Metric%20Halo%20Skin4.jpg

this thread has really nothing to do with me as this appears to be pro tools only plugin, but while coming in here and realizing that, i saw this and wanted to tell you along with the others that i MUCH prefer this to the original!

Really? I guess we may just have to disagree here. The point is that, for example, in the EQ, all the knobs in a particular column do the exact same thing (gain, frequency, bandwidth) and all the knobs in a particular row correspond to a different band. The colors are all matched per-band. Easy.

As far as the Gate and Compressor sections go, the top line of knobs is for the dynamics controls and the second line of knobs is for the Side Chain Filters. Again the layout is the same for both sections (and the same as in the EQ) so you learn it once and you are done.

It's just like a large format console -- lots of knobs, but they are just functional copies of the same thing --- one per channel. In this case, it is copies per band.

With the E-Channel, the knobs are kind of randomly scattered about. The layout undoubtably was set by the underlying circuitry on the original SSL console, but obviously has no particular bearing on the layout of a virtual UI except for a desire to provide fidelity in the emulation.

Pretty much in agreement with this about the layout truthfully, but I would prefer a hefty infusion of class into the MHCS GUI, maybe somewhere in the middle between it and the Stillwell plugs (on the opposite extreme :D)

Also, humongous +1 for a PC version!

Damn, another typo... :oops: I've typed it wrong the first time then I copied it all over the place...

Anyway, thanks! :)

You're welcome anytime, I'll volunteer to spell check anytime you want, as long as I get rid of uglee in my DAW :)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just purchased the MHCS3 (love it, btw!), but I definitely agree that the GUI leaves much to be desired. I know a lot of people make snide comments about how they use their ears and not their eyes, but as an audio artist (if you'll forgive the term) and a very visual individual (I used to do graphic design, photography, etc.), I find that a visually appealing GUI makes the user experience much more enjoyable, and because I'm not being distracted by the GUI I'm able to focus on the music.

All that being said, I love the design that nervirasme came up with in this thread, and wondered if he (or anyone else) had found a way to make it usable with the plugin (as I believe that AAX plugs can be customized). Would love to use that design!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just purchased the MHCS3 (love it, btw!), but I definitely agree that the GUI leaves much to be desired. I know a lot of people make snide comments about how they use their ears and not their eyes, but as an audio artist (if you'll forgive the term) and a very visual individual (I used to do graphic design, photography, etc.), I find that a visually appealing GUI makes the user experience much more enjoyable, and because I'm not being distracted by the GUI I'm able to focus on the music.

All that being said, I love the design that nervirasme came up with in this thread, and wondered if he (or anyone else) had found a way to make it usable with the plugin (as I believe that AAX plugs can be customized). Would love to use that design!

Have you heard anymore news on the subject? I haven't I am assuming it never happened, especially since nervirasme didn't even finish the graph portion of the GUI. All seriousness though, the look of that plugin freaked me out when I first saw it. In fact, I was never even going to buy it except several guys said they couldn't mix drums with out it. Just spend some time with it. Read the manual! I love the plugin now and could care less what it looks like.

Don't really have anything to say about MH ChannelStrip, but in the vein of recent discussion, I personally find that Airwindows plugins have the most useful GUI there is on the market.