New Mikael's blog post

Åndrija;8332125 said:
In Memphis we went to visit Graceland which was pretty big for me. Real cool house and not as big as I'd imagined. His grave was there. I didn't know about it and I was a bit stunned as I laid my eyes on it. I felt him there, I talked to the other guys and they felt the same. Grutle (Enslaved) started crying he said, for no apparent reason. It was emotionally MASSIVE!

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index/?cid=237536 Too much fucking perspective.

Whats PT stand for?

Guys over at blabbermouth think it'll be megadeth or metallica.
Porcupine Tree

And stupid Blabbermouth comments are the best part about that site. Look at this one about Mike's blog.
some idiot on blabbermouth said:
Mikael is a really pretentious guy. Every time he writes something about himself, it never fails to convey how awesome he thinks he is. Whether as a musician, songwriter, record collector, father, etc, etc.. this guy obviously loves himself a little too much.

I guess it's inevitable that some people turn out this way after years of being in the spotlight of a certain group of people. There is no doubt that he hears people tell him multiple times after each show how great he is, and it would be strange if some people weren't affected by that kind of attention.

But that doesn't stop me from thinking Mikael is a pompous, proud and self-important rockstar wannabe. And if I ever saw him backstage or something (I'm working at a lot of festivals) I would desperately avoid him lest I would lose my temper and were forced to wipe that smirk from his bearded face.

opening for a big band??? could actually be TOOL. they're doing a tour this summer. I'd probably shit my pants and die if that happened. 2 favorite bands right there.

opening for a big band??? could actually be TOOL. they're doing a tour this summer. I'd probably shit my pants and die if that happened. 2 favorite bands right there.

Yeah but their "tour" is just hitting all the big festivals and a few coliseums in between. Hopefully they do a fall tour after this summer thing and Opeth is involved.

Mike has alluded to wanting to tour with tool in the past. I think he even mentioned Justin from tool trying to set something up. It was in a recent interview, face culture maybe?

The "big band" is Metallica.

I don't think they'd fit to warm up for Metallica, as the genres are pretty different. It was like when HIM did it in 07.. they got things thrown at them until they left the stage, after 3 songs.

not that it's possible to compare Opeth to HIM.

The "big band" is Metallica.

That would be fucking outstanding. I'm seeing Metallica in November in NYC.

By the way, I was joking about it being PT. Just wishful thinking. I'm seeing PT for the first time in September and would probably die if Opeth opened.

Ya I think you'd have to have a pretty mainstream band opening for Metallica, as a massive portion of their fans aren't metal heads, or at least not into death/black metal vocals.

They had some pretty crazy openers last tour, like Lamb of God and Machine Head, so who knows. Personally I would hate it because Metallica tickets are ridiculously overpriced and stadium tours are so lame.

It's a big difference between Lamb of god and Opeth, as Lamb of God has become the new Slipknot.

I couldn not imagining any other band for Opeth to open for in succes other than TooL. the rest of them should open for Opeth, the second greatest live-band of all times :kickass:

i swear, if its Metallica, i might disown Opeth, and that'd be really hard for me to do. i don't have any more respect for Metallica plus they sound like shit nowadays, they've got no groove (as in with eachother, not necessarily literal groove) or energy, its all processed pieced together bullshit.
Tool, on the other hand, would be pretty cool. it would be like the philosopher's tour, so much intellectual metal.