NEW MINI-CD & NEW LINE-UP

From Mike's blog:

Myself and Jonas Renkse are talking maybe 10 times a day, playing new riffs through the phone. He's writing for a new Bloodbath and a Katatonia record and...yeah, it feels like the old days when we didn't do anything else than write and record stuff.

Things are happening...let it be, folks.

hah yeah i saw that last night on blabbermouth. to be honest though, im looking forward to Opeths new record more than i am Bloodbaths... Mikael is god.

you guys....

Stole the words right from my mouth....

And for my rant today....

Give it a rest people, you have no right to tell anyone in Bloodbath or anyone in any band how to run their music. When they feel the time is right and they are happy with everything they will say. Until then how about appreciating the artist and letting them do their thing. Bands don't OWE you shit technically...

Stole the words right from my mouth....

And for my rant today....

Give it a rest people, you have no right to tell anyone in Bloodbath or anyone in any band how to run their music. When they feel the time is right and they are happy with everything they will say. Until then how about appreciating the artist and letting them do their thing. Bands don't OWE you shit technically...

Jeesus, chill out dude!
No one here has said they owe us something or how to run their music.
I see alot of people venting their feelings, and whats wrong with that aslong as its not getting personal?
Some of us are dying to hear what the new lineup is and if they say "soon" and then it gets quite for 2 months, what do you expect?
Im suprised there hasnt been more whining.

And dont fucking tell us we dont appreciate Bloodbath, you got some nerve. :mad:

It was a general rant first of all. It was not a specific rant against the last few posters here. I just don't get why people have to pester bands over and over when it's been made very clear they are doing things their own way and whining won't help. They think they are entitled or something. Obviously people appreciate the band's music, but they should be happy the actual band Bloodbath is still going at all instead of complaining. Shit was looking bleak when they took so long to replace their previous superb vocalists. I'm grateful someone of equal talent has been found at all, and I can handle a few months for the good Mini CD and a good line up.

And sangreal my avatar may be annoying to you, but frankly I don't care. It amused me and I posted this avatar to replace an equally ridiculous avatar just to counter someone.

It was a general rant first of all. It was not a specific rant against the last few posters here.

Well if it wasnt aimed against something specific then why even post it?
Its the second time in this thread you are stiring shit up with your so called "general rants". Seriously, if it isnt that relevant then maybe you should write your so called general rants in a diary or something, 'cause we arent interested in them and they only annoy ppl and start unnecessary discussions.

I just don't get why people have to pester bands over and over when it's been made very clear they are doing things their own way and whining won't help. They think they are entitled or something.

Its a fan-forum, what do you expect? And the way they formulated the news they should damn well know what will happen in the forum if they tease us like that and then go quite again for months. Imagine if a band with a fanbase like Opeth would do this, the forum would explode.
Despite that, I cant see any post in this thread yet thats more than an expression of extreme curiosity. I dont think any of the BB-guys are crying about us showing our interest, and i dont think they'll care if we express our frustration either as long as we stay civil about it.

And again, are you saying people here are acting like they are entitled to know? Or is just another general rant?

Obviously people appreciate the band's music, but they should be happy the actual band Bloodbath is still going at all instead of complaining. Shit was looking bleak when they took so long to replace their previous superb vocalists. I'm grateful someone of equal talent has been found at all, and I can handle a few months for the good Mini CD and a good line up.

Finally i agree, to some extent, and i think everyone here is fucking supermegahappy about it, and if you cant see that in this thread then i dunno, read it again.
Great that you have the discipline and can wait with the lineup until the CD comes, but you shouldnt expect that from everyone else just 'cause you can.
The way they formulated the news it sure sounded like they will reveal it before the CD is out, and if its to be released at late summer then we are soon halfway through that timeline, so of course we will speak our mind about it.

Some of you complain more than my 6 year old sister. :zombie: Sheesh. I hope Anders and the rest of the band take their sweet time announcing this shit so you all have to wait even longer. They will announce stuff when they are good and ready to until then, have a nice glass of STFU!

for those of you whining like spoiled little rotten brats, you must realize music is a delicate and very thought out process. It takes much time and patience for quality releases, so damn don't rush the man, we want quality not some rushed out crap release that you have heard a million times before.

i dont care when they come out with their cd, its however long it takes them. your right. but thats not what this bitch was about. all i want is a line up revealed at the most. they said they were going to reveal it shortly, and its been way over that. revealing a line up doesnt require any musical writing or patience either.

oh and for the record, still life is the best opeth record to date. then comes ghost reveries (that one has been in my cd player ever since the day it came out.)

Well if it wasnt aimed against something specific then why even post it?
Its the second time in this thread you are stiring shit up with your so called "general rants". Seriously, if it isnt that relevant then maybe you should write your so called general rants in a diary or something, 'cause we arent interested in them and they only annoy ppl and start unnecessary discussions.

Its a fan-forum, what do you expect? And the way they formulated the news they should damn well know what will happen in the forum if they tease us like that and then go quite again for months. Imagine if a band with a fanbase like Opeth would do this, the forum would explode.
Despite that, I cant see any post in this thread yet thats more than an expression of extreme curiosity. I dont think any of the BB-guys are crying about us showing our interest, and i dont think they'll care if we express our frustration either as long as we stay civil about it.

And again, are you saying people here are acting like they are entitled to know? Or is just another general rant?

Finally i agree, to some extent, and i think everyone here is fucking supermegahappy about it, and if you cant see that in this thread then i dunno, read it again.
Great that you have the discipline and can wait with the lineup until the CD comes, but you shouldnt expect that from everyone else just 'cause you can.
The way they formulated the news it sure sounded like they will reveal it before the CD is out, and if its to be released at late summer then we are soon halfway through that timeline, so of course we will speak our mind about it.

Fair response, fair response... I know people are practically shitting themselves over it but it won't help I don't think.

One thing I am going to say though is this. You guys are allowed to post message after message expressing your curiosity and/or bitching... So who is it that decides I'm not allowed to express my feelings on the situation as well. What I say represent a group of peoples thoughts as well. I offer a second point of view and simply because I think whining isn't helping I can't be allowed to say my piece?

I never started saying " *insert name here* should fucking die and is a fuckass" or anything extreme like that. I simply said what I think about the way Bloodbath are doing things and how I think fan response is over the top.

I'm not angry, and I'm not calling anybody here an ass, I'm just saying what I think, same as you guys are.

If someone has something negative to say about my messages I'm fine with that so long as they can back it up (which you clearly have in this case however).

End