NEW MINI-CD & NEW LINE-UP

Just because you're gay for Swano doesn't mean you have to like every cheap imitation out there.

First comments out of the way.... Calling someone "gay" is completely idiotic. Not only do you look like a fool but you obviously can't register the english language and come up with an original insult.

Secondly:
Christian Älvestam is an absolutely amazing vocalist and you are obviously either an "old school" elitist or a moron to not recognize his talent. Älvestam is FAR from an imitation, I don't know any bands that can pull off brutal death metal/melodic death metal and progressive metal in one song and make all three sound good.

If you want to think in terms of "imitation", every band you like is a gradual "imitation" of a former style of music. In fact since much of metal is derived from blues and country, you're a fucking whigger... How do you like that break down?

Or maybe I just took it wrong and felt the urge to be a dick. Who knows, But at least I'm god damn right.

The guy from Scar Symmetry is obviously a talented vocalist, but the band really sucks imo. Mostly it's just that average chunky sound that most Gothenburg bands have made since the late 80's. I'd like a vocalist more oriented to the actual Death Metal scene.

I find the band really refreshing actually. It is fairly gothenburg but on their last CD I think there was a lot of really original ideas going on between verses and choruses as well of solo's and epic stuff. But that's just my interpretation obviously.

However my previous rant was basically me getting pissed off at someone being narrow minded. I'm not standing up and being fan-boy for the band, I'm just really sick of assholes bashing every single band, that did not start the scene and trying to act "mightier than thou" because people have their own damn tastes... It's not about who started it, it's who does it better. And even so that's still a matter of OPINION.

hehe I'm just fed sick with the genre and everything related to it since 2003 I guess. they're definitely good musicians on the technical side of things, I just don't like the stuff they write. I still hope bloodbath call mr. sandström, 'cause that would some oldschool growls from hell

First comments out of the way.... Calling someone "gay" is completely idiotic. Not only do you look like a fool but you obviously can't register the english language and come up with an original insult.

Secondly:
Christian Älvestam is an absolutely amazing vocalist and you are obviously either an "old school" elitist or a moron to not recognize his talent. Älvestam is FAR from an imitation, I don't know any bands that can pull off brutal death metal/melodic death metal and progressive metal in one song and make all three sound good.

If you want to think in terms of "imitation", every band you like is a gradual "imitation" of a former style of music. In fact since much of metal is derived from blues and country, you're a fucking whigger... How do you like that break down?

Or maybe I just took it wrong and felt the urge to be a dick. Who knows, But at least I'm god damn right.
Oh, an original insult, like "idiotic" or "whigger"? I'll be sure to try harder to please you next time, you big e-sissie.

Scar Symmetry sucks, it's awful rehashed nu-gothenburg and that's all it ever will be.

And even so that's still a matter of OPINION.
Then why get so worked up? It's just an opinion, and it's just the internet. Just because I don't like some shitty little gothenburg jr. band that takes your fancy doesn't mean you have to get all righteous and start slinging around terms like "narrow minded". There's a difference between being narrow minded and having taste (something with which someone like you or tumn obviously has no experience).

Haha. Sorry about that, I wasn't nearly as worked up as that came out. I just find it fucked up with people start going on say "You're gay" or some shit over their opinion. The internet is full is dingbats.

I also wasn't actually calling you a whigger but making a general statement.

Anyways yeah I think that came off as sounding really pissed when I wasn't meaning to...

Yeah it got off topic. But I don't really think there was anything left to be said on the originally topic and it just got switched off

I'l get back on topic...

"The brand new line-up is shortly to be officially revealed"

Its been a month now damnit, im dying here.
Reveal, REVEAL, REVEAL!!! :hotjump: