New mix - Amplitube 3+Axe Fx/SD2/NI Kontakt

Trikkaan

New Metal Member
Jan 17, 2011
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster (apologies in advance for that.)

Here's the track I've been working on - I left in a solo drum part and a solo guitar part at 2:14 and 2:53 respectively so you can tell me what I've done terribly wrong :) I'd love to hear how to make the guitars less messy in particular - none of my tones from the axe/amplitube/guitar rig match anything everyone on here gets from amp modelling software.

I've been desparately trying and failing to get a sound somewhere between djenty and nu metal-esque mesa boogie. This one has both my axe fx and amplitube 3 mixed (4 tracks of guitar). Bass is from NI Kontact ("Pop Bass" preset EQd with the mids EQ'd into oblivion) and Drums are Superior Drummer 2 layered with samples in Battery.

If you're interested, synths are from massive and a filtered/gated guitar riff.

Let me know your thoughts :)

Last edited by a moderator:
synthy to loud... guitars are muddy and substanceless..... drums sound the best here imho. and you have some rumbling freqs going on in the low mid range, needs to be cleaned up.

Guitar is too muddy man, bass sounds good and so does drums.....I would say....synths are too loud so I agree with slo77y.
overall.....pretty neat

Cheers for the advice guys!

Great to know the drums and bass are on the right track, I wondered if a bad bass tone was making the guitar sound so thin.

Do you know of any particularly good tutorials for making guitar tones that have more substance than the one mentioned? I've got an Axe-Fx, Amplitube 3 and Guitar rig 4 and still haven't managed to get something with that crispness and punch.

I have a habit of making the synths loud, I'll bring them back a bit and re-upload once I've had a play with the guitar - again, any tutorials/patches you'd recommend to reverse engineer would be invaluable!

So any suggestions on where to find decent tutorials or patches to reverse-engineer and understand for the Axe-Fx, Amplitube 3 or even guitar rig 4?