new mix challenge ???

i got it like an hour ago, but Pain of Salvation's Scarsick leaked and got me a bit delayed :D

i think im gonna jump in the bandwagon and try to do something interesting with that too.

Off for a listen :)

[update] i realised i'm a complete n00b. Me mixing multi-layered guitars = :erk:

fortunately i plan on improving this ASAP (and mixing with speakers instead of phones, cause that just doesn't work :p)

Ill try again

Ronnie, the tone on the 421 guitar number one is the PERFECT TONE IMHO
I wanna know details man

mic position, pre, eq, amp, processing, relative humidity, speakers, dietary supplements, any perscription drugs involved

please share, excellent gain structure and pick articulation without losing balls

Ill try again

Ronnie, the tone on the 421 guitar number one is the PERFECT TONE IMHO
I wanna know details man

mic position, pre, eq, amp, processing, relative humidity, speakers, dietary supplements, any perscription drugs involved

please share, excellent gain structure and pick articulation without losing balls

ok man, here goes!

amp is a Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-A head from 91. 6L6 powertubes and Tung-Sol 12AX7 pre-tubes (sold this one)

Cab is a Marshall 1936 2x12" w/ celestion 75w speakers (standard)

mic pre´s are Mackie Onyx. no pre processing at all. what you hear on the recording is just the boogie, mics and mic pre´s

Guitar i used is a Ibanez American Master USA Custom w/EMG 81 & 85.

GHS Boomers 0.10-0.46 strings

the MD421 is off-axis and the SM57 is on axis, and Joe meek is ambience. (see the pic, shot with my phonecamera)

Dunlop Jazz III picks.

the amp (that i sold :cry:)
P2030002.jpg

Cab w/mics
guitarcab.jpg

guitarcab2.jpg

the drums
Thekit.jpg

hmm, I never would have guessed I was hearing 75's or a 2x12. interesting

no TS on the front? I thought I was hearing some pedal bite
I love a 421 on a cab. thanks for the info
I bet my boogie 50 caliber is similarly voiced

nice work

right now my ears are pretty much done for the next half hour or so

so here's my first go at it (well, go 1.5 actually). First time ever mixing multiple layers for guitars/bass and drums with leaks, so i was kinda lost on what to do, that's why they're not very good :p

things i already know i'm gonna do: getting the bass and hihats a bit lower, and improve the guitars SOMEHOW - notice the uppercase somehow, suggestions will be loved :p

for those who care on taking a listen to this piece of junk:

YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.