new mix challenge ???

YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

Here's my 3 hour contribution. Mixed ITB Nuendo using a Fireface and Yamaha HS80m's.

I've been on a bit of a deeeeep snare fix lately, so I know it doesn't totally fit the style, but.. oh well. :)

Guitars were re-amped through my TS-9 boosted ENGL Fireball > 1960a > SM57 > Fireface pre's.

I think I'm liking Ronnie's mix the best thus far, seems the most balanced and pleasing..

Let me know what you think!
Charlie

Here's my 3 hour contribution. Mixed ITB Nuendo using a Fireface and Yamaha HS80m's.

I've been on a bit of a deeeeep snare fix lately, so I know it doesn't totally fit the style, but.. oh well. :)

Guitars were re-amped through my TS-9 boosted ENGL Fireball > 1960a > SM57 > Fireface pre's.

I think I'm liking Ronnie's mix the best thus far, seems the most balanced and pleasing..

Charlie

Nice work there, bro!

What made me freak out is how similar mine turned out. I was actually going for a ripoff Sneap sound for shits and giggles.

Here it is:

http://users.tpg.com.au/afiteam/ronnie_sneaplapse_mix.mp3

Great job on the tracking, Ronnie... I love that rhythm guitar sound. Seriously I have a huge boner for Mesa and GT75 speakers... I just love that shit. Meshuggah for life \m/

I hope you'll post the vocals and leads once they're tracked on here too man, I wanna make this a complete mix!

I'd like to know that too. From what I could tell the imaging of the OHs wasn't as great as it could've been. Best results I've had was from a totally parallel setup, with the mics aimed straight down.

Curious that using the same files, we are getting so different mixes.

Here is mine, hope you enjoy it.

Congrats, Ronnie, the recording is very good and that helps the mix a lot. My greatest difficulty was too many crashes on the tom mics. The bass is a killer.

Charlie

Gr8 job CJ! i like the mix alot!