New Mix for A Band I'm recording (Warning: Crabcore!!!)

@tombomb

New Metal Member
Nov 20, 2009
I know this sounds like Attack Attack! or whatev sounds like but how does this mix sound so far. I'm not a big fan of crabcore unless I'm talking to some hot scene chicks cause mostly they dig this kinda stuff. Please note that I never got around to tracking the bassist yet so I just filled in boobass=boob\ass with hella compression to get some ugliness out and used podfarm with just some modern bass preset.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2649123/Gone Fishing.mp3

The guitars really don't have much power to them, if you need to sound like Attack Attack they need to be powerful as hell!!!

Seriously though, It's kind of hard to say what it sounds like, when there's only guitars and programmed drums. The guitars sound a bit lumpy as I said, needs more gain.

okay thanks, when you mean power does that mean gain? sorry but I've been at this for like 3 months, and hell I want to sound good but all I can offer are demo quality, so I warn the bands I work with that I am good for demo cd quality but I've recorded 3 bands and helped record at least a few more with a buddy of mine in Orlando, but he mostly contributed to the monstrous sounds and I was the mic placement guy haha

Yeah, at least it sounds like it could use more gain. Have you recorded a cab or are those DI guitars?

They are DI guitars using a passive radial DI box and going into my mixer and into the pod farm with a tube screamer and diamond plate, it seems like that is the trend based on looking at past threads.

I will when I don't work lol or have to study cause Finals for this quarter are coming soon >.< then I have a month off :D, plus my ears are also to tired right now. But one band guitarist=my next door neighbor so I can just prob have him track guitars and bass for a couple of hours.

Seriously though, It's kind of hard to say what it sounds like.

I was just meaning the way it has such a kinda breakdownish start to it, that makes u wanna do the crabcore dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sounding good, but I would definitely change up those toms. I know they are programmed, but they could sound more real, if I make any sense...

I'm going for a robotic feel lol. But I realized that the toms are an obvious give away to the programmed drumming (actually played on my alesis drum set and quantized a bit to perfection). The drummer was acutally on time and could play to a click. He mostly had trouble with the Toms so that's why they are just a dead give away to the drum programming to finalize things in the mix.