new Motorhead reviewed

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I have had an advance copy in my possession of Motorizor for about three days and haven't even taken it out, much less listen to it. Why?
Well just look at what has happened this year... mediocrity...
Alice Cooper - Along Came A Spider
Motley Crue - Saints Of Los Angeles
Scorpions - Humanity Hour 1
Def Leppard - Songs From The Sparkle Lounge
Judas Priest - Nostradamus
And just wait the new Metallica is on it's way soon too... As well as AC/DC...
My point is that these bands were once among my favorites and there are now a shell of what they once were. Hopefully Motorizer will restore my faith...

Motorhead never really fails. I fully expect this album to be on par with at least the last one (which was good), or even the one previous to that (Inferno) which is easily one of their best 5 albums. It's not like they are gonna make any major changes or anything.

I have had an advance copy in my possession of Motorizor for about three days and haven't even taken it out, much less listen to it. Why?
Alice Cooper - Along Came A Spider

I disagree I think is a good album above average.

I agree but then again we are talking MOTORHEAD, they only have one weak album which is "Another Perfect Day". And lately they have a tendency to have a brilliant album, a good album, a brilliant album, a good album. So KOD was good therefore I expect "Motorizer" to be on the league of "We Are Motorhead" and " Inferno" (awsome albums).

Worst case scenario if you don't like the advance copy, you can send it to me anytime :D

I´m afraid to listen every Motorhead song... :puke:

Sorry I can´t stand that band. Among legendary names I got 3 o 4 phobias: Motorhead, AC/DC and KISS.

I found Kiss of Death to be pretty mediocre. We'll see how this new one is.

I´m afraid to listen every Motorhead song... :puke:

Sorry I can´t stand that band. Among legendary names I got 3 o 4 phobias: Motorhead, AC/DC and KISS.

Otro hereje coño! :p

I agree with KISS and a bit with AC/DC (they bore me) but Motorhead is THE BAND :worship:notworthy:worship:

My opinion says otherwise Another Perfect Day was, perfect
I wouldn't say it was Perfect, I do feel that it was better than most lead you to believe....

The problem is that Brian Robertson was to technical for the band, they needed a rawer guitar player. Burston and Campbell (and now Campbell alone) are fit to the task, I enjoy APD, but I enjoy a lot more "Bastards", "Sacrifice", "We Are Motorhead" and "Inferno"

and a bit with AC/DC (they bore me)
bite your tongue... :zombie:

The problem is that Brian Robertson was to technical for the band, they needed a rawer guitar player. Burston and Campbell (and now Campbell alone) are fit to the task, I enjoy APD, but I enjoy a lot more "Bastards", "Sacrifice", "We Are Motorhead" and "Inferno"
Don't forget Orgasmatron... :worship:kickass:

I've heard a few snippets of the album, and I think this one will be as good as Inferno and Bastards IMO.

As a huge fan of the band, I'm not just saying that, I thought Kiss of Death was ok - not brilliant like Inferno was. Motorhead very rarely let me down, the last time they did was with the "Hammered" album, which was just weak - even when they toured that album, the first leg of the tour they played two songs from it, then on the second leg they only played one - which tells me even the band weren't thrilled with it.

Motley Crue - Saints Of Los Angeles
Def Leppard - Songs From The Sparkle Lounge

Blasphemy ...

Crue's best work since Dr Feelgood. Similar with Scorps, especially after the godaweful Eye II eyE. Lep's Sparklelounge is also much better than anything since Euphoria.

Sorry man, but Humanity-Hour 1 is the very best Scorps album since Love At First Sting for me. Very heavy at times (for them) and loaded with excellent songs. Its only problem is that it has too much ballads, I skip a couple of them every time I play the album. But most of the tracks rock, including the bonus one, Cold.

As for the new Priest, well, I also burnt myself an edited version of the album, removing most of the filling stuff and I have to say it's growing on me. Some excellent trx to be found there too.

The new Motorhead should be typical Motorhead, as usual. I thought Kiss Of Death was their best since Bastards, so hopefully the new one will become a fave of mine too.