new Motorhead reviewed

I also disagree in calling the Scorpions' Humanity Hour 1 mediocre. It may not be the best they've ever done but far from mediocre. As usual, too many ballads but a solid album nonetheless.

huh, humanity hour 1 gets universal praise as being the best scorpions album since the 80's

whoever said saints of los angeles is the best album since dr feelgood is just trying to hate on corabi

huh, humanity hour 1 gets universal praise as being the best scorpions album since the 80's

whoever said saints of los angeles is the best album since dr feelgood is just trying to hate on corabi
Never. NOthing wrong with Corabi. MC'94 was a very good offering, just not a very good Crue album. To explain: Kiss' "Carnival ..." was a very good album, just not a very good Kiss album. Same.

I just downloaded "Motorizer" and rest assure that is definitively a Motorhead album! :worship:

'Rock Out' is a great song (astounding for barely 2:07 min) in the tradition of 'Overkill', 'Iron Fist' and 'We Are Motorhead'. They have the mandatory bluesy song 'One Short Life', 'English Rose' is a rock'n'rolling tune very in the mood of "Overnight Sensation" material.

'Rock Out', 'Buried Alive' are my faves so far.

My predictions nevertheless came short, the album is better than "Kiss Of Death" but never as good as "Inferno". I feel they restrained themselves from delivering more kick, maybe is time taking a toll getting on Lemmy. Anyway fans like me will find it alright, casual fans like Sixxi will find it weak, and no-fans like Marco will continue barfing :lol:

P.S. and Phil Campbell solos are great :headbang: (and I have it on pre-order along with the new Falconer).

P.P.S. The tracklist of the promo I donwloaded is different from the list posted at M-A, even one of the songs have a different name and lenght. I suppose I'll have to wait for the final product.

1001359.jpg
MOTÖRHEAD

Motorizer

(SPV)

Reviewed by : David Perri
Rating : 8.5
Maybe because Motörhead (labels?) is constantly pimping product - whether it’s endless greatest hits packages, live albums/DVDs or reissues - my expectations for the band have been lowered in recent years, despite the fact that the group is still as visceral as ever live. Latter-day records Kiss Of Death and Inferno have been alright, both decent additions to the Motörhead legacy but, for a while there, it felt like Lem and co. might be on auto-pilot, slogging through another record/tour cycle without much to reinvigorate the band. Well, goddamn if Motorizer isn’t that reinvigorating effort, this album taking by surprise and re-energizing the Motörhead faithful to the point of being genuinely interested in the band again. I don’t know what lit a fire under Lemmy this time, but whatever it might have been was potent: Motorizer is full of metal and punk moments that rival the best of the group’s career, and the band has finally penned that post-‘Ace Of Spades’ (sorry guys, I know you hate hearing about that song) anthem they never managed to do before in a track called ‘Rock Out’. Yeah, it’s a lame title, but it’s a great song, an anthem that is loud, proud and an uncompromising fuck you to anyone who doesn’t get it. It’ll also be stuck in your head for days, the track one of the catchiest in the group’s repertoire. My only complaint here comes via the mix, as Motorizer is polished the whole way through and the guitars frustratingly sitting right in the middle. Had the six strings been up-front (where they belong), it would have elevated Motorizer to even higher plateaus though, as it stands, this is still a strong record. Good to have Motörhead firing on all cylinders again.

I disagree with that review, read my previous post regarding it.

I haven't even heard the record, and I disagree with the review...haha. But that's only because Inferno was a fantastic record, by my account, and this guy didn't seem to find it so great. Motorhead is like that though...I read something not long ago where a guy was referring to Kiss of Death as the record that FINALLY got him back into Motorhead, having found the previous releases boring. Again, I find that odd, but there it is. Inferno was their best record since Orgasmatron in my book, and Kiss of Death is okay, but not amazing.

Still, people seem to latch to different Motorhead records in that way. All in all, for my money, they've never made a truly bad album. But, I am one of those who likes Another Perfect Day!

My personal favorites, in no real order are:
Orgasmatron
Overkill
Ace of Spades
Inferno
No Sleep Till Hammersmith
Another Perfect Day
Iron Fist (honorable mention)

...but I couldn't argue with anyone who chose 5 or 6 different records completely. I have them all myself, and listen to each one periodically. Some less than others, obviously.

I haven't even heard the record, and I disagree with the review...haha.

:lol::lol::lol:

My personal favorites, in no real order are:
Orgasmatron
Overkill
Ace of Spades
Inferno
No Sleep Till Hammersmith
Another Perfect Day
Iron Fist (honorable mention)

"Orgasmatron" is pretty dear to me since is the second album I bought from them (Being "Rock'N'Roll" the first).

I own them all so put them in order will be a bit difficult for me but I can mention my faves along all these years:

"Overkill"
"Ace Of Spades"
"Iron Fist"
"Orgasmatron"
"Rock'N'Roll"
"1916"
"Bastards"
"We Are Motorhead"
"Inferno"

Bravewords features some samples, as well (in their juke-box, upper left-hand corner of the site). Sounds great to me.

My fave motorrecords:
We Are Motorhead
Orgasmatron
Inferno
Bastards

I had the benefit of downloading so I already listened in its enterity the album as I stated before. I keep my point that is a good album (in the sense that Motorhead hasn't a bad album so far) but it's not astounding like those you just mentioned who are also among my favorites :kickass:. Said that and being a fanboy of the band I will pre-order it soon along with the new Falconer (which song sample btw kick major ass).
I guess the person who wrote the review you posted before is a bigger fan than I am or had a different approach to the band's music.

1001359.jpg
MOTÖRHEAD

Motorizer

(SPV)

Reviewed by : David Perri
Rating : 8.5
Maybe because Motörhead (labels?) is constantly pimping product - whether it’s endless greatest hits packages, live albums/DVDs or reissues - my expectations for the band have been lowered in recent years, despite the fact that the group is still as visceral as ever live. Latter-day records Kiss Of Death and Inferno have been alright, both decent additions to the Motörhead legacy but, for a while there, it felt like Lem and co. might be on auto-pilot, slogging through another record/tour cycle without much to reinvigorate the band. Well, goddamn if Motorizer isn’t that reinvigorating effort, this album taking by surprise and re-energizing the Motörhead faithful to the point of being genuinely interested in the band again. I don’t know what lit a fire under Lemmy this time, but whatever it might have been was potent: Motorizer is full of metal and punk moments that rival the best of the group’s career, and the band has finally penned that post-‘Ace Of Spades’ (sorry guys, I know you hate hearing about that song) anthem they never managed to do before in a track called ‘Rock Out’. Yeah, it’s a lame title, but it’s a great song, an anthem that is loud, proud and an uncompromising fuck you to anyone who doesn’t get it. It’ll also be stuck in your head for days, the track one of the catchiest in the group’s repertoire. My only complaint here comes via the mix, as Motorizer is polished the whole way through and the guitars frustratingly sitting right in the middle. Had the six strings been up-front (where they belong), it would have elevated Motorizer to even higher plateaus though, as it stands, this is still a strong record. Good to have Motörhead firing on all cylinders again.

Who's review is this?!

It's good but they did a fantatsic version of ZZ Top's "Beer Drinkers And Hellraisers" too....

Agree, that cover on the debut album (actually "Motorhead" wasn't the first recording was "On Parole") it's an ass kicker, so it's 'Louie Louie'.

BTW Sixx if you read the review the name of the reviewer it's on top.

Sixx, review it already!

I can't wait to hear this! Oooooh, I'm so excited! :kickass:

And don't Metal Church and Destruction have albums coming out this fall, too?