New November's Doom-- The Novella Reservoir

zekeyou

Mar 3, 2004
The Triiiaaannnnggggle
I've had the promo for about a month, confirming that "Drown The Inland Mere" song they released a few months back was indeed a great indication of how this entire album was going to be-- truly the best November's Doom of the recent albums by far-- totally fluid, concise, no filler-- a very solid release-- and Paul Kuhr has never sounded better....

For the collector types, I picked up this great package deal from The End, featuring the disc, a signed book of all Paul Kuhr's lyrics and some great pictures from various stages in the band's career and artwork by Kuhr and Travis Smith, a suede bag for storing them, an autographed band pic, a poster and a sticker:
IMG_0204.jpg

For the Mark Coatsworth fans, the lyric book (The Wayfaring Chronicles) is a good pick-up, as it has 20 (live and studio) pics of the band by Coatsworth alone. The booklet for the cd also has a Travis Smith rendering of one of Coatsworth's Faroe Island pics-- below is the pic posted by Coatsworth in another thread, and below that, the picture of the rendering:
faroes-02.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

All in all, great stuff.:kickass:

Very nice. I have 3 Novembers Doom albums, they're quite good, gotta check this out.

I pre-ordered the book + cd too. Looking forward to soaking it in along with the new Woods and then making a few iMixes. But that's probably a few months away.