New Opeth album cover.

I never see Ghost Reveries love, I think that one by far mixed the prog elements the best with death metal, it's groovy as fuck yet impossibly heavy. Also the open d tuning is fantastic

That's one of my preferred Opeth albums, after the first 4. The Baying of the Hounds is a great song. Don't mind Harlequin Forrest or Ghost of Perdition either...

I never see Ghost Reveries love, I think that one by far mixed the prog elements the best with death metal, it's groovy as fuck yet impossibly heavy. Also the open d tuning is fantastic

That was actually my first Opeth album. I still think it's better than Blackwater Park tbh. I thought everyone hated that album.

If he grew tired of Death metal as early as the 90's then why did he ever agree to sing for Bloodbath? It just seems strange.

Quite excited for this album, can't wait to see where they go next with their sound.

I have a question: since when has Opeth's music ever had anything to do with death metal besides the growls? Does anyone honestly think that their music have anything in common with the music of Death, Atheist, Sadist, etc? They always have been closer to a black metal band than a death metal one....

haha_oh_wow.jpg

Definitely not death metal. Extreme metal, sure, but don't call it something it's not just because there's no other term for it.

I never thought it was a joke. It's well known that Mike Akerfeldt is a huge fan of 70s prog rock and that he's very influenced by all that stuff - and so I go with those who believe this next album might well be more of a prog album :)