New Opeth tour (Summer 07)

rissy

Aug 1, 2004
Espoo, Finland
Not sure when it is going to begin but they're playing at Ilosaarirock here in Finland in July. Porcupine Tree is playing there as well. And I'm going to be there. :kickass:

Discuss!

thats weird...
after stating that the near future will be a time-off....
maybe the new CD writing process is going better than mike thought it will :)

I'm really confused by this too. I thought that they're not going to tour this year, at least not already in the summer.
I thought that they're not going to tour before the new album is released and it sounds unlikely that it's going to be released before July.
Strange... but we'll see.

^ sounds like a great fest :)

ive checked on both Opeth and Porcupine Tree sites and opeth's site doesnt mention anything about a gig, and actually it says "No additional gigs are planned or will be scheduled until the next touring cycle starts."
On PT's site, the gig is mentioned along with few more gigs...

These Finnish festivals don't publish false information. When they inform that a band is going to play there, it is 100% confirmed.

Text from the Festival page...

"Their Ilosaarirock performance takes place at a very exciting moment, with the band preparing for recording and releasing a new album before the end of 2007, and Mikael Åkerfield working on an unnamed side project at the same time. If we are lucky, we might be hearing some unreleased material played live for the first time at Laulurinne".

Great..Great...:worship:

What the... fuck?

The Finnish presentation doesn't say anything about recording and releasing the new album or the side project. Not even about hearing some unreleased material. :D Strange.

Text from the Festival page...

"Their Ilosaarirock performance takes place at a very exciting moment, with the band preparing for recording and releasing a new album before the end of 2007, and Mikael Åkerfield working on an unnamed side project at the same time. If we are lucky, we might be hearing some unreleased material played live for the first time at Laulurinne".

Great..Great...:worship:

Yeah... and if I'M lucky... I might have a winning lottery ticket blow off the street and into my pants pocket.

Calm down. Relax. Stop jumping to conclusions and formulating your own conclusions regarding writing progress and release dates. I don't suppose that came from a site that's trying to create hype and sell something like tickets or anything did it? It's smartest to err on the side of skepticism .... otherwise you're just setting yourselves up for dissapointment. :2cents:

bands often go out for some gigs in the summer without it being an entire tour ... just for fun i guess ...
this doesn't mean that the new album will be ready by then at all! and I think that if they do more shows, that they will all be fairly close to home, so not an american tour or something like that, not even an european one ...

Opeth are confirmed as the metal headliners at the JOENSUU ILOSAARI FESTIVAL in Finland on the 15th of July! This is so far the one and only confirmed concert the band has commited to during 2007.

@ opeth.com

It would suck to live in some other country if other gigs won't show up :)