New Opeth!

Before Blackwater Park came out I heard an interview with Opeth and they were asked what it's like at their shows. Mike said "The fans usually just stand there crying". They are a metal band, yeah, but they are so much more than that. The emotional dynamics of their music isn't one where it's a constant mostpit. I've been to 4 Opeth shows and they all were like religious experiences for everyone there.

Andy Sneap said:
i actually think you have a valid point with the Tool reference.

I agree also. Most of the 6/4 grooves on Ghost of Perdition reminded me of some of the Lateralus Rhythms.

One a side note anyone hear of that book that Tools drummer put out about micing a drum set?? Someone mentioned he has but I never heard of it...

Flat Fifth Fury said:
Before Blackwater Park came out I heard an interview with Opeth and they were asked what it's like at their shows. Mike said "The fans usually just stand there crying". They are a metal band, yeah, but they are so much more than that. The emotional dynamics of their music isn't one where it's a constant mostpit. I've been to 4 Opeth shows and they all were like religious experiences for everyone there.

Yes, I don't think it can be said better than that.