New Paradise Lost single

insidethefall

somewhere nowhere
Jan 26, 2003
pittsburgh, pa
Visit site
Just heard the new PL single, it's a decent song a little more 'metal' than what I've heard from them in a long time, but it still has that same two chord crappy pop attitude. There's a lead guitar line that is existent but it's shoved in the background and sounds heavily 'effected' Hopefully the new album will give us some variety and more organic guitar riffing, but I doubt it. :cry:

well i just heard it too. as with every new paradise lost release i was heavily excited, but that turned quickly to a let down. how can this be the single track?!? the song is totally non happening and the chorus is even weak. no hooks. greg's lead is too short, but his tone... wow!

Indeed, let there be no doubts about Gregor's guitar tone, it is still massive and awesome as hell. But I will agree I was also let down by the new song as it just seems way too pop oriented, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but the last few albums it just seems as though PL has dumbed down their music substantially to appeal to a more radio crowd. This is all just conjecture even though I am still a huge PL fan.

BTW, hey Blakkheim, did you ever read that Terrorizer interview with PL shortly after One Second came out? I remember reading that the interviewer was playing Greg and the boys a lot of different cd's just to show them the type of lasting influence that they have had on metal. And inevitably, they play PL "Murder", which apparently left Greg drop-jawed as he said something to the effect of "Bloody hell!!! It took me months to get that guitar tone!!"(referring to "Gothic").
But I stray from the point, but will agree in hoping that the LP will be much more rewarding and won't suck Forever After. Ok, bad pun.

Apparantly the song available on the p2p programs is an unfinished track, which was given out to dj's as a promo, they don't have the female back vocals (Tappin The Vein singer) yet and the mixing is different.

Plus the record company wanted them to change the singles, PL first wanted to release the song "Grey" on single, but GUN didn't like it and now they release "Forever After"... probably because GUN find this song the most "pop-oriented" song on the album...

Hm, that leaves some hope..............but i thought was reading that this album should be heavy and they called it also a second Draconian Times?!

I heard the same thing. Although I don't really believe in the hype that this album is going to be heralded as the next Draconian Times(that LP is second on my alltime fave list), I do indeed still have very high expectations. That being said, I would tell everyone to not get their panties in a bunch and just wait for the rest of the album before giving judgement.

Did anyone see the pictures for the video shoot? seems gregor and nick grew their hair long again...this seems almost childish that they have to create an image of being metal again, just like when they turned pop and cut off their hair...we'll see what the music says.

Talk about going offtopic.
I have seen the pictures now....yes, they want to look more metal ^^. On the other hand i was really touched, in an emotional way, to see them look like they did when they were my heros :)