thoughts on new paradise lost album

Blakkheim

In the Still of the Night
May 16, 2001
Stockholm
www.katatonia.com
clearing things up...

this is katatonia's forum and i'm entitled to say and express anything i want, right here. if i made people upset with my comments, then cry away. nobody forced u to come here and read them. getting upset with someone else's opinion is pityful and its not how things work in this world. also note: i did not post my views on paradise lost's forum or anywhere else, but i see others tried to make my post look like it was a thread posted on paradise lost's own forum... ridicilous! i dont think its a matter of forcing my opinion on other people not do buy it or whatever nonsense i heard - i never said any of that. i just expressed my personal dissapointment of an album from a band i'm a huge fan (isnt this obvious after 12 years?) of at my own forum. take it or leave it. grow up or fukk off.

still i decided the former message will remain deleted in respect to the albums street release date just as my opinion still stands in respect to the promo.

peace.

Yeah its dissapointing alright. I guess they just lost what it was that made them great(if that makes sense). Its a real shame is what it is, but to be honest I wasnt expecting anything great anyway, I think they lost the "magic" a long time ago. Guitar tone is amazing but without the great songs it dosnt do much for me

Word...
I love all of their albums with all my heart and their changes now are a bit disappointing. Hope the lack of concentration/record process/inspiration comes back in a new further album though.
I believe their new musical influences play a big role when it comes to a new record, I'm wondering what are they listening now to make such an album...Getting old changes your way to see/hear/feel music?
Don't know.
I'm going to listen Draconian Times now to make sort of a tribute to them and pray for a new kick ass album perhaps? Nah,... if they've felt the necessity of change their style because they are tired of doing the same through years, well, it's drastic but they've already done it.
Long live to the OLD Paradise Lost.

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

In May Paradise Lost will come and play in Denmark. I've never heard thier music. Even though I've known about the band for a very long time. Should I go and see them. The ticket is only like 27 $

Illnath said:
. The ticket is only like 27 $

Ah, so you're one of them folks who made out on the tax stop.

Yes, go see PL and get their first 5 albums, pisses on anything Katatonia has ever done, with all due respect.

I havnt heard the alblum.....in fact I have never been a fan of PL.....so Katatonia wins for me hands down....that is just my opinion....

Hey ALLEN.....you can blow it ut your ass......I dont think the first 5 alblums of a band count if they have lost what they had back then.........I thought Anders said what he had to say out of dissapointment....not for the sake of criticism or bashing.......I thought he speaking respectfuly about an unfortunate situation........so back off....

I thought what he said was kind of cool too (bu a bit careless to post it) and I'm afraid I'll agree with him once I hear that album, doen't change facts though.

Haha how lame...........Mr.Blakk why you back up? I wouldnt......are they bombing your acc with harsh pm´s? ^^
I said it before and i say it again..............Paradise Lost is dead! They died (for me) after Icon (for others, after Draconian Times).

My friend downloaded the new Paradise Lost album for me. It's okay, but nothing absolutely awesome. I certainly don't think it's the heaviest album they've made in 10 years like they had us believe when they were writing/recording it. That was just a bunch of crap. It sounds just like the last album did, which was in a heavier direction but nowhere near as heavy as their earlier days.

And concerning that link to the Paradise Lost forum...I love how those idiots think that promo copies are somehow different from the actual album and that Blakkheim should wait for the album to be released to have an opinion. Once in a great while a band's promo release will have early versions of songs compared to the actual album, but it's very rare. The leaked version is identical to what will be on the actual album (except for maybe that tape hiss that's in the background...maybe that was put on promo copies so people who download the album will want to buy it when it comes out to hear the songs without the hiss.)

its funny... because in my opinion new paradise lost album resemble katatonia. and for Jerkface : VERSION ON THE NET IS THE PROMO of the album. Compare single "Forever After" from video and this from net.

Well, Anders is a human being so he has the right (like each one of us) to post whatever he wants or he feels about any musical situation. He's right, the new Paradise Lost album it's not so good as others. Period.

Allan said:
I thought what he said was kind of cool too (bu a bit careless to post it) and I'm afraid I'll agree with him once I hear that album, doen't change facts though.

oiad said:
its funny... because in my opinion new paradise lost album resemble katatonia. and for Jerkface : VERSION ON THE NET IS THE PROMO of the album. Compare single "Forever After" from video and this from net.

Like that single is even close to what Katatonia has ever done, right.

My, how I love the internet. A discussion about a PL-album becomes a discussion about alcolholism. And on here the Katatonia-fans will outnumber the PL-fans, so why even bother calling each other "jerkface"..? Good lord... :)