paradise lost

They used to be one of my absolute favourite bands, I adore their first 5 albums (esp. album 3, 4 and 5), I enjoy One Second sometimes, but I haven't bothered to check out their last 2 albums.

I saw them live in 1994 on the Icon tour and it ruled, but the gigs I saw after that one were going downhill (already during the Draconian Times tour), Nick was increasingly drunk on stage and just showed very little interest in giving the crowd a good time. I also didn't like the way they played the "old" songs, I mean, As I Die has this totally characteristic drumfill that is just part of the song, but Lee just skipped it and did some oher dull fill. He's a great drummer though, but he shouldn't "desecrate" the song like that...

wow, i have to say that review was on eof the harshest ones i have ever read. but yeah, quite in place actually. even though i enjoy a few tracks (and riffs perhaps), i'll have to agree with everything he said...and even he said that he enjoyed a few riffs.

and as to his comments on the host album, it's good that he was honest and that he didnt play the die-hard metalhead boy.

Originally posted by Heiko
I like all Paradise Lost from "Lost Paradise" up till "Draconian Times", that one included. When I listened to "One Second" the first time, I thought it was a nice album. But I got quickly bored by it. Some songs are ok. Some tracks are really catchy. But halfway through the album, I always feel the need to stop the cd player.

I totally agree , though I always play Disappear twice
I really do like that one

a huge problem with Paradise Losts songwriting the last three albums was that all the songs had the same shape - you knew exactly what was coming up: the chorus, a bridge, whatever.. sounded to me like they weren't really trying, so i became less and less of a fan.

by the way, i think their B-sides from BiN are better than almost all songs that made the album.. Gone and Leave this alone, along with Control and World pretending from BiN, have me optimistic about the next release.

:D oh wait, i forgot my smilies..
:lol: ..and if just contradicted anything i typed earlier in the thread, just ignore me.