thoughts on new paradise lost album

I expected to see someone get pretty annoyed by what i said..

Firstly we are on sticky ground.

I was only wondering whether a band should question another bands migration, without first questioning theirs.

I love Katatonia.. Viva to DoDS, the progression is unquestionably one of the finest ever heard in music.

But I also Believe Paradise Lost have carved some very meaningful roots and progressions over time.

To see this sort of arguement happen is very sad, when the 2 bands have been compaired side by side many times.

For a moment I felt sorry for you. Standing on sticky ground and having such problems you write about and being sad at once - it can be hard for you. Hope this forum helps. ;)

As for the topic ..
Ground is not sticky if its not raining or noone shits on it..
I think anyones's personal opinion is valid, about anything.

About the album: losta guys make a big case out of that its a promo.. as I heard it sounds full, maybe not mastered so much.. but is there anything significant we miss from the final? New melodies, new tracks?? (I dont think so.) So I think my opinion wont change much when I buy it. It's a good album, not so special as expected, has some filler songs, a LOT of cliche's, and many songs I like and will listen to. And imho the cover art is ugly, so I wish they make a digipac or limited or whatever.. withouth those freak knife-backed bitches. :D

Don't judge if you don't want to be judged guys .Everyone is free to state his/her opinion but it's better to do it politely. No one likes/appreciates offensive language.

wow_no_shit_friday.jpg

well, let me say like this .. the first time you listen to the new paradise lost album, it kind of suxx , but give it a chance and listen to it servral times, it´s really good after a few times. and the downloadable version of the album is just a crappy advance tape recording, wait until it is a cd version insteed. today the mini cd was released.. check that out... Forever After

Hi

I'm the one who posted Anders review on Paradise Losts official messageboard, and I just want to say that I'm sorry that Katatonia got bashed the way they did, and I say this as a Katatonia fan. Paradise Lost and Katatonia are some of my favorite bands, and I never intended to start a war, but that was exactly what happened. Maybe it was not so smart to post Anders review on the PL forum, but I did it because a lot of Paradise Lost fans are Katatonia fans aswell, so it was done because of that, not because I wanted to start a stupid band-war between these two fantastic bands.
Of course Anders can post his review on this forum, and I didn't think that Anders should remove his opinion, cause of course he has the right to have his opinion about the new PL album.
So I will just say sorry for this, and I'm happy that it seems like the war is over, even though people still kind of won't admit they like Katatonia becasue of this shit. I still love Katatonia :worship: