New possible spins on upcoming Opeth record...

Braighs said:
I'm not a big fan of solos, but why is a guitar solo more diserved than keys?
Because guitars have more possibilities when it comes to solos, there are more ways to make embellishments, they don't scream "wankery", guitars plays don't look slightly gay when playing a solo, and they also usually are the lead instrument in the band

metal_wrath said:
WHat about the effects on BTPISIO? That one never gets mentioned

theyre effects that change vocals/instrument. that has nothing to do with what i'm talking about.

metal_wrath said:
Because guitars have more possibilities when it comes to solos, there are more ways to make embellishments, they don't scream "wankery", guitars plays don't look slightly gay when playing a solo, and they also usually are the lead instrument in the band

That's sig material that is.

Are you getting more retarded as the days go on? There's that post and the one you made about Priest and Maiden in the Candlemass thread. :lol:

Oh and when you talk about things, it's pretty obvious you don't know a hell of alot, I don't know if you're aware of this...

I definitely agree with those who said Per should use straight piano tones, as without those BWP just wouldn’t be the same mind-blowing album :). And Mike shouldn’t squeeze in Per whenever an acoustic guitar part comes about.