New possible spins on upcoming Opeth record...

It would be cool if they do a heavy album with clean vocals only.

Clean and agressive (not growls) in the same way.

Sometimes I get sick and tired of that alternance between clean vox and growls. It's cool but so ordinary nowadays, imo!

Just straight piano tones? So either every song has a power metal background of sorts. Or per just stands with his dick in his hands for about 80% of the set? Horrid idea. Absolutely HORRID idea.

I'm hoping they just do a lot of different things, more keys would be good. tasteful shit of course not random wanking of gay sounds, things like the unison in beneath the mire that no one expected. I really have no idea of a solid sound I want them to take, just something different

why does everyone think Per is going to bring "wanking gay sounds" or solos to the album? hes a tasteful player, and i think hes proven himself to work well within the lines of the Opeth sound and context. all of you just chill the fuck out. it was mike who brought things to the table in GR that you people didnt like...yet per is still getting the flack.

because beleive it or not some people dont like keys in opeth's sound. deal with it. not everyone likes the same shit.

all_sins_undone said:
because beleive it or not some people dont like keys in opeth's sound. deal with it. not everyone likes the same shit.

oh i can "deal" with that. but it looks like shit just isnt going your way then is it? considering Per is here to stay. so my suggestion to you....is to "deal with it". :rolleyes:

NineFeetUnderground said:
why does everyone think Per is going to bring "wanking gay sounds" or solos to the album? hes a tasteful player, and i think hes proven himself to work well within the lines of the Opeth sound and context. all of you just chill the fuck out. it was mike who brought things to the table in GR that you people didnt like...yet per is still getting the flack.

What's wrong with keyboard solos?

All i can say is that opeth should keep doin what they are doin because they have amazed me in so many ways.

But they should probably make more heavy songs with no growling, so its easier to present to the public without them goin"OMG turns this demonic shit off!!!"

and it would be the most bizzare thing if they actually covered a rap or reggeton artist, :p.

Grrr!!! Me gusta la gasolinaaaaaaHHRRRR!!!!