About the new Opeth record!

Detric

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Stralia`!
Hi. I just found an interview about Åkerfeldt talking a little about the new record. I dont know if you have seen it but I will post it anyway.

Mikael: Well, I've started to write some stuff. I've been away so much lately though, so I haven't had the time to write so much, but I've started to write on one song so far. But I assume that I'm going to start for real with the new material after the upcoming US-tour now in the spring. Then we have some time off until the next recording session, and my plans are that it's going to be sometime next winter. So let's hope I manage to get everything done until then. I've planned to organize everything a bit better this time. Everything has been such a mess with the latest albums, noone in the band including myself has know how it was going to sound or how it should sound and etc. So I've planned to make things better this time, so everyone can look at the songs and give their opinion about it. I'm gonna try to finish all the songs, all the lyrics and have demos of the songs before I'll book the studio. Then we might get a chance to rehearse a bit before the sessions too for a change! *laugh*

There is a newer release. Read Moonlapse's thread. Michael himself replies. Seems hes already working on 3 new songs.