New ProgPower VIII predictions

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
As Glenn has said NIGHTWISH ain't gonna happen, and yes I am sad about , but with all said and done i will still be there no matter what because Glenn will put together the best damn show around. So guys and gals let's revamp and reevaluate our predictions and see who comes closest.

Friday

#1 Crimson Glory
#2 After Forever
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday

#1 Symphony X
#2 Edguy or Pagan's Mind
#3 Pretty Maids
#4 Firewind
#5 Communic

Friday

#1 Symphony X
#2 After Forever
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday
#1 Therion
#2 Pagan's Mind
#3 Tarot
#4 Firewind
#5 Cloudscape

Friday
#1 Crimson Glory

Even if Midnight agreed, would you be willing to bet your reputation as a promoter that he would actually show up the day of the gig, or be coherent enough not to embarass yourself? It's bad enough to have a band cancel a couple of months out, but can you imagine risking any band (not to mention the headliner) cancelling the night of the show?

I'd love to see a CG reunion at PP, but I don't know if even Glenn's balls of steel are strong enough to take a shot to the groin like a headliner cancelling day of show.

Friday

#1 Iced Earth
#2 Tarot (please?)
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday

#1 Helloween
#2 Pagan's Mind
#3 Dark Moor
#4 Firewind
#5 Riverside

Friday

#1 Iced Earth
#2 Tarot (please?)
#3 Redemption
#4 Virgin Steele
#5 Raintime

Saturday

#1 Helloween
#2 Pagan's Mind
#3 Dark Moor
#4 Firewind
#5 Riverside

I was just talking to JayDub last night on the phone and I predicted that Helloween would be a headliner, my close second was Edguy or Gamma Ray. I predict the other headliner will be Symphony X.

I will also go out on a limb and predict that Riverside will not be involved at all. To me they make Enchant sound like Slayer. :lol: I think they are cool and all, but if Enchant isn't metal enough, Riverside has no chance.

This is shaping up to be an AWESOME event (as usual)!!

I was just talking to JayDub last night on the phone and I predicted that Helloween would be a headliner, my close second was Edguy or Gamma Ray.

I've got a really strong hunch about Helloween and Iced Earth for some reason, I think both are kind of overdue for the fest, even though they're past their glory days.

Nah, I'd say Chicago Powerfest, not Prog Power. Jag headlining Powerfest would be about right. Could they co-headline Prog Power? Maybe not. (Though I'd love to be proven wrong).

I'd be inclined to agree with you considering if it's going to be recorded AND released in 2007 that it would have to be earlier in the year. HOWEVER, Glen did say that one of his potential headliners would create some controversy soooo....also the reference to the A+ promoter makes me think PP might be likely. It's certainly not in reference to Jack Koshick! Ha! Although I consider the guys from the Chicago fest A+ too. My bet is still with PP at the moment!

Nah, I'd say Chicago Powerfest, not Prog Power. Jag headlining Powerfest would be about right. Could they co-headline Prog Power? Maybe not. (Though I'd love to be proven wrong).

I gotta agree with Jeremy, I don't think JP is headliner caliber for PP... maybe a middle slot or 2nd to last slot, but not headliner. But I also don't get what the big deal is about JP, just an avg at best band to me.

I gotta agree with Jeremy, I don't think JP is headliner caliber for PP... maybe a middle slot or 2nd to last slot, but not headliner. But I also don't get what the big deal is about JP, just an avg at best band to me.

When they are good, they are REALLY good. Take to the Sky and The Scarlet Letter off of Mechanized Warfare, for example. But some of their earlier stuff, I don't particularly care for.

I'm going to have to agree with you there.... :Smug:

I'm going out on a whim here by saying that I think Primal Fear will headline the festival. They've never played the fest before, so it's about darned time. Also, they're headlining status in my opinion.

I know its fun for some people to guess but everytime I do , I am hardly right... so I just like to sit back and watch it unfold....