NEW Progressive Metal

spam? I was just presenting to this board a great band that they surely don't know just because Ephel Duath are not considered "True" ProgMetal... sorry if you consider this spam, it was simply a very short "polemical" thread ;)

Hey, that's cool- How did you edit your post count? When I saw the thread you only had one post!!

Again- how about a description of the music? If you want to get people interested in an unknown band it helps to describe it a little bit and not just drop a link like a bird turding overhead.

More info please.

Lee_B said:
Progressivejazzhardcoremetalinsanity.

How's that?

:)

Lee
I was getting a car service to a gig one time and the guy was straight off the boat from Greece. In a thick accent he asked me what kind of music I played. I said it was kind of a cross between punk, metal and industrial with some no wave thrown in. When he looked at me cross eyed and i could tell he had no clue what I was talking about I told him I played jazz on my guitar, the drummer kept a country beat and the singer chanted in Hindi.

All I'm saying here is put some fucking effort into it. I'm not against anyone promoting their band but don't just drop and run, sell me on the shit. It's like dropping your pants in front of a chick and saying, "Well, here it is!" I mean, buy dinner first or something...

This exactly wht I am talking about. "Oooh, come listen to my band!! I don't have the time to contribute to the board or even give you a detailed description of what we sound like and when i'm challenged I run away like a little girl!! I have SO many autographs to sign and Rolling Stone is on the phone ready to give me an interview!"

"spam spam spam spam..."- Monty Python

err...what the hell is wrong with you? I see a sign over your head...it's saying "attention whore". Plus,the way they want to promote a band is their own business.

Technically, I'm Bi-Polar.

The way they promote themselves is their own business if it's on their own web-site. Going out to a board, dropping spam as a first post, then editing your post to look like it wasn't, not sticking around to defend it- all bullshit and fair game as far as I'm concerned.

"Attention-Whore"? Give me a break. If I wanted people to pay attention to me I'd go to a board that had more than three members and actually post some content instead of picking on what'sizname up there.

I think its a great thing Emi is doing; presenting fuckin' cool bands and opening people's eyes that there's so much more out there..

If you're not interested in getting to know more music than what's in your cd-rack or mp3-folder or whatever, what are you doing here...?

Just check this stuff out, maybe you'll just love it.

grtz,

Frank

I agree, Frank. That is how we promoted our band and now we are playing the 2005 Headway Festival with Fates Warning and Symmetry :headbang: :headbang:. Hope to see some of you there.