New Queensryche snippet, thoughts?

I'm happy to see Mr Drover has joined the fray, following the rest of everyone-in-and-around-Queensryche who changed their primary role in this saga from serious musicians to cartoon characters. Well done, Glen... welcome to the soap opera! Every day a new treat from this reality television show pilot. They should all just go ahead and schedule their Springer appearance and have it all out in a grand slapfest.

tatefinal.jpg

This song clip doesn't do much for me at all, sorry. My advice to this version of Queensryche is, you need to do your damndest to come out with something that at least sounds remotely close to their "classic" albums. If not, you should just go do something else and call it a day.

~Brian~

Todd LaTorre confirmed that it is a demo - see below.

Via Todd LaTorre's Official Facebook Page:

Todd La Torre @Derek Solomon: It is not even final mix let alone mastered. This was something for the fans to hear, that's all. Trust me, Jimbo is a world class engineer, it's all good;)
February 23 at 7:50pm · Like · 31

That's not a demo then, it's just a pre master, and not even the best mastering engineer in the world will fix those piss poor guitar takes.

That's not a demo then, it's just a pre master, and not even the best mastering engineer in the world will fix those piss poor guitar takes.

I don't think anyone can judge it by a minute and 1/2. For all we know that could be a certain part of a song that goes in the middle of a much larger tune. It's hard to say.... Todd could probably sing the telephone book and I'd still buy it.

This song clip doesn't do much for me at all, sorry. My advice to this version of Queensryche is, you need to do your damndest to come out with something that at least sounds remotely close to their "classic" albums. If not, you should just go do something else and call it a day.

~Brian~

I'm sure there's a few 1 and 1/2 minute portions of operation mindcrime where if I heard them, i would have cringed and said YUCK!! but luckily I'm smart enough to realize it would only be a minute and 1/2 and would wait until the full cd or song came out.....

Besides, it's not as if the Geoff Tate side of QR is going to come up with anything better...

Their wording on the YouTube description was done pretty poorly. It makes you think it's an snipet from the album version. If a demo or unmixed track it should have been noted. I think the song is pretty mediocre at best, mixed or not. Right on par with last several albums. They haven't had it in years and if we go back to my post about this line-up bothering to record a new record, they shouldn't. Stay on the road and play the classics, that is what we all want. Also, if you are going to tease the fans with a clip make sure it's the best you have to offer, because if you don't you get this discussion right now.

I'm sure there's a few 1 and 1/2 minute portions of operation mindcrime where if I heard them, i would have cringed and said YUCK!! but luckily I'm smart enough to realize it would only be a minute and 1/2 and would wait until the full cd or song came out.....

Besides, it's not as if the Geoff Tate side of QR is going to come up with anything better...

That's an interesting point. I'm not sure if I agree though. With that said, I hope the new album is killer, so I'm not wishing any ill will on these guys.

~Brian~

Their wording on the YouTube description was done pretty poorly. It makes you think it's an snipet from the album version. If a demo or unmixed track it should have been noted. I think the song is pretty mediocre at best, mixed or not. Right on par with last several albums. They haven't had it in years and if we go back to my post about this line-up bothering to record a new record, they shouldn't. Stay on the road and play the classics, that is what we all want. Also, if you are going to tease the fans with a clip make sure it's the best you have to offer, because if you don't you get this discussion right now.

Dude, just the vocals alone are better than anything tate has done over the last several QR albums..