New RC Team Member

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Black Winter Day is the latest addition to the RC staff (see About Us page for details). Most of you that frequent this forum know him already, and I'm sure he gets up to no good on other forums too, heh.

BWD actually re-joins the team from when we first launched, and is now ready to sink his teeth into some cool reviews. Look out for his Opeth - Still Life review in the next upload.

:cool:

Ayeka said:
Fucking hell, another one?!
Well, that's two new writers to replace two that left: Markgugs and Dark One. So it tallies up at the end of the day.

Also, the workload is really increasing. You should see our backlogs of promo reviews - that alone distracts from us writing classic album reviews, interviewing bands, and doing features.

I am literally swimming in promos right now, usually I have a nice neat Inbox / Outbox system, now with so many some are in my truck, some are scattered around the apartment, some are still in the envelope... egad.

Ayeka said:
Bogus dude! Aaaagh! I want more interviews! :cry:
We've got a few in the pipeline - some power metal bands like Grave Digger, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica. Trying to get Chief B in to have a laugh with King Diamond, but the King's on tour right now. I myself am trying to get Negru from Negura Bunget, but that guy is busier than Sorath trying to fight off Eskimo immigrants.

If the RC staffers want to go grab their own interviews directly with bands, that's up to them. Most don't have time, or are too shy. Or they could just be lazy bastards, I dunno. :heh:

I rarely read interviews anyhow, so I don't really have an interest in doing them. :)

NAD said:
I rarely read interviews anyhow, so I don't really have an interest in doing them. :)
You know, a lot of our traffic comes out of interviews right? You know our Arch Enemy interview was getting hits all the way through to the end of summer, and we launched with that back in March.

The fact is, whether you like it or not, bands like Arch Enemy and most big power metal bands pull the crowds. Iron Maiden feature? Forget about it - we went from 200 unique vistors to 600 per day.

Go do an interview with Les Claypool. Or go interview the hot chick down the street.

I'll interview that hot lady that drives an S2000, maybe she'll let me borrow her car. "I can make ya famous..."

I'm sure I'll do another interview someday, but I dunno, just not my thing really. I did one for Nuclear Rabbit to expose them a bit, although they are definitely cool dudes to talk to.

Besides, if I ever went backstage with King Crimson to interview something I would turn into Chris Farley: "...'member that time you guys played my favorite song? That was pretty cool..." :tickled:

NAD said:
Besides, if I ever went backstage with King Crimson to interview something I would turn into Chris Farley: "...'member that time you guys played my favorite song? That was pretty cool..." :tickled:
:lol:

That's it - tonight I'm watching my Best of Chris Farley DVD from Saturday Night Live. I wanna see that sketch where he and Patrick Swayze are trying out for the Chippendales, and the other scene where he and Adam Sandler play the old married couple.

Farley: Ooh look at the menu - we can have ravioli. Huh, ravioli?! Holy canoli!
Sandler: God, give me cancer now.

Shite, I've never seen that one with Sandler.

The Chippendales one is classic though.

NAD said:
I'll interview that hot lady that drives an S2000, maybe she'll let me borrow her car. "I can make ya famous..."

I'm sure I'll do another interview someday, but I dunno, just not my thing really. I did one for Nuclear Rabbit to expose them a bit, although they are definitely cool dudes to talk to.

Nad: "Remember when...you did that album with the...uh, shrieking face...and the song about the twenty-first century...schizoid man. That was awesome."

Adrian: "I didn't play on that one."

Nad (after slapping his face): "IDIOT!"